NSS Report, Time use in India 2019 Survey – Key Highlights. Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation conducted survey titled Time Use Survey. The main aim of this survey is to estimate the participation of men and women in paid and unpaid activities. The survey was conducted between the period of January 2019 and December 2019.
- Women’s participation in unpaid domestic services such as cooking, cleaning, household management, for household members is 81.2% each day as compare to 26.1 % for men.
- Women spend 299 minutes that is almost 5 hours on unpaid domestic services which is thrice as much as men 97 minutes or 1 hour 37 minutes.
- 2 % of the total population engages in “employment and other related activities. They spend 429 minutes or 7 hours and 9 minutes each day.
- Only 18.4% women participate in employment activities when compared with 57.3% women.
- Men spend on an average 459 minutes or 7 hours and 39 minutes while women spend only 333 minutes or 5 hours and 33 minutes.
About Time use in India Survey:
Time Use in India Survey is an important source of information on the time spent in unpaid caregiving activities, volunteer work, un paid domestic service producing activities of the household members.
It also gives details on time spent on learning, socializing, leisure activities, self-care activities, etc., by the household members.
About Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation:
- Union Minister: Rao Inderjit Singh
1) National Sample Survey Office headquarters located at – New Delhi
2) As per NSS Survey how much per cent of Indian women engaged in Employment Activities? – 92%
3) National Statistics Day is observed on which date? – June 29
4) The Economic Survey 2020 suggests Employee Stock Ownership for which sector? – Banking
5) National Sample Survey Office founded in which year? – 1950
6) Which state was named as worst performer in Literacy Chart as per NSO? – Andhra Pradesh
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|