NMC Is Likely To Change The Concept Of NEET UG 2024 Counselling: Every year the National Medical Council (NMC) and National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct a National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to give admission to the candidates for the various medical courses in medical colleges across the country. Now the NMC has announced that it has likely to change the concept for NEET UG counseling from 2024 onwards.
As of now, the central authority conducts the counseling for 15% of all India quota seats and the remaining 85% of seat counseling will be done by the respective state authority. For this, students have to apply separately for both the seats; this has been hectic for them. So the board has decided to conduct common counseling for both AI seats and state seats.
Graduate Medical Education Regulation GMER 2023 also states to conduct common counseling for NEET UG. Along with this NMC also planned to scrap the supplementary exam batches for MBBS students. Usually, the supplementary exams will be held after six months of the result declaration; this affects the further classes for the students.
So the board has planned to conduct the supplementary exam from 3 to 6 weeks from the declaration of the result. This will be helpful for MBBS students; if they failed in the exam they can clear within 6 weeks and can attend the regular classes as usually cleared candidates within the same year.