New Education Policy – Union Cabinet Approved the STARS Project. Union Cabinet approved the World Bank-supported Strengthening Teaching- Learning and Results for States (STARS) project under The National Educational Policy (NEP) is a policy formulated by the Government of India to promote education amongst India’s people. There 6 States of India will be covered under STARS Project.
- The Cabinet has also approved a special package worth Rs. 520 crore under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission for Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh and has also demerged Nagarnar Steel Plant from National Minerals Development Corporation Ltd.
- The STARS Project would be covering around 52% of children from government schools belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and other minority communities.
- The project would be helping students to prepare for future job by tackling the learning outcome challenges
About STARS Project:
- This STARS project will be implemented as a new centrally-sponsored scheme under the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education. The 6 states that are covered are Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Odisha.
- The programme was launched in 1994. The World Bank through the programme has helped India achieve its vision of “Education for All”.
The National Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020), which was approved by the Union Cabinet of India on 29 July 2020, outlines the vision of India’s new education system. The new policy replaces the previous National Policy on Education, 1986.
- What is the total cost of the STARS Project? – Rs 5,718 crore.
- Under the chairmanship of whom Committee for Evolution of the New Education Policy’ submitted its report in May 2016? – T.S.R. Subramanian
- World Bank approves how many million USD for education under STARS Project? – 500 million
- STARS Project was launched in – 1994
- Who among the following was the Chairman of newly constituted drafting NEP 2020 in June 2017? – Dr. K. Kasturirangan
- Name the schemes which are under STARS Project? – Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Rashtriya Madyamik Shiksha Abhiyan and Teacher Education
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|