New apex regulator of medical education, National Medical Commission replaces Medical Council of India. The National Medical Commission (NMC) which is the new apex regulator of medical education and profession of the country came into existence on 25 September 2020. The Board replaces the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Former head of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) ENT department, Dr Suresh Chandra Sharma, has been appointed as chairman for a tenure of three years.
- The Board of NMC comprises a chairman, 10 ex-officio members and 22 part-time members.
- The National Medical Commission Act (NMC Act) 2019 was passed in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha Last Year.
NMC will have the Following Boards:
- Undergraduate Medical Education Board
- Medical Assessment and Rating Board
- Postgraduate Medical Education Board
- Ethical and Medical Registration Board
- National Medical Commission comes into force on 25 September 2020
- NMC replaces the Medical Council of India
- NMC comprises a chairman, 10 ex-officio members and 22 part-time members
- Apart from the chairman, NMC consist 10 ex-officio members and 22 part-time members.
1) Medical Council of India was established on which year? – 1934
2) National Medical Commission was set up under which act? – National Medical Commission Act
3) Who has been appointed as the chairman of NMC for 3 years? – Dr Suresh Chandra Sharma
4) The NMC Act seeks to repeal which act? – Indian Medical Council Act 1956
5) How many Autonomous boards will operate under the NMC? – 04
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|