NCRB Report – Kolkata emerged as Safest City for Women in India. NCRB (National Crime Records Bureau) which is an Indian government agency responsible for collecting and analysing crime data as defined by the Indian Penal Code and Special and Local Laws. The board has released the report ‘safest city for women’ in India report.
- As per NCRB Report, Out of the 19 metros in India, Kolkata has recorded the least number of sexual assault cases on women.
- Kolkata has recorded the least number of sexual assault cases on women
- Only 14 cases of alleged sexual assault were recorded in Kolkata in 2019 and there was no cases of “attempt to commit rape”
- Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu and Patna in Bihar are the two cities that recorded a lesser number of sexual assault cases.
- Uttar Pradesh (59,853) has the highest number of crimes against women cases, Maharashtra (37,144) ranks third after Rajasthan (41,550).
- Founded: 11 March 1986
- Parent department: Ministry of Home Affairs
1) As per NCRB Report Crime against women is increased by how much per cent between 2018 and 2019? – 7.3%
2) As per NCRB Crime in India report which state reported the highest rate of crimes against women? – Assam
3) What is the motto of NCRB? – Empowering Indian Police with Information Technology
4) NCRB comes under which ministry? – Ministry of Home Affairs
5) National Crime Records Bureau established in which year? – 1986
6) Which state had the highest rate of crimes against scheduled castes in Crime in India Report? – Rajasthan
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|