Indian Forces (Defence) Affairs – September 2018
In this we have given, September 2018 Indian Forces (Defence) Affairs and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
Indian Forces (Defence)
Ukraine launches joint military drills with NATO
- Ukraine launched joint military exercises with the U.S. and a string of other NATO countries. The annual Rapid Trident military exercises, taking place in the western Ukrainian village of Starychi, involve some 2,200 soldiers from 14 countries.
Air Chief Marshal visit to Myanmar and Malaysia
- Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa reached Naypyitaw of his official visit to Myanmar and Malaysia. The main focus will be to share ideas, enhance mutual engagement and promote understanding.
KAZIND Joint Army Exercise
- Indo-Kazakhstan Joint Army Exercise ‘KAZIND’ will be conducted between the Indian and Kazakhstan Army from 10 to 23 Sep 2018 in Otar region, Kazakhstan.
- India along with 23 other nations will participate in a major Indian ocean-wide tsunami mock drill which will involve evacuation of thousands of people from coastal areas in over half a dozen coastal states. It is being organised by the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of UNESCO.
Joint exercise SLINEX-2018
- Indian navy ships and aircraft have arrived in Sri Lanka to take part in the joint exercise SLINEX-2018 to be held with Sri Lankan navy at Trincomalee.
Ministry of Defence announces aeroshow
- The Government has decided to hold the Aero India 2019 in Bengaluru from 20-24 February 2019. This five-day event will combine a major trade exhibition for the aerospace and defence industries with public air shows.
Nepal to skip BIMSTEC military drill in India
- The Nepal Army has withdrawn from the first BIMSTEC military exercise to be held in India following a political row in the country over the participation in the event.
INDO-MONGOLIA joint exercise Nomadic Elephant-2018
- Indo-Mongolia joint exercise Nomadic Elephant-2018, commenced at Mongolian Armed Forces (MAF) Five Hills Training Area, Ullanbaatar, Mongolia.
BIMSTEC Field Training Military Exercise (MILEX-18)
- The Inaugural Military Field Training Exercise for the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi Sectoral Technological and Economic Cooperation(BIMSTEC) nations named MILEX-18 at Aundh Military Station.
Yudh Abhyas 2018
- Indo-US joint military training Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2018 is scheduled to be conducted in the foothills of Himalayas at Chaubattia in Uttarakhand.
- Exercise KAZIND-2018, a joint military exercise between Indian and Kazakhstan Armies, commenced in Otar Military Area, Kazakhstan.
India’s first missile tracking ship readying for sea trials
- Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) is gearing up to undertake sea trials of India’s first missile tracking ship by the first week of October and cruise the country into a global elite club.
BSF plans to install hi-tech surveillance system along Pak, B’desh borders
- Border Security Force is planning to install a hi-tech surveillance system covering a total length of about 2,000 km along Pakistan and Bangladesh borders.
Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM)
- Indigenously developed weapon system Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM), was successfully flight tested for the second time successfully.
Mountaineers Satyarup & Mousumi climb Asia’s highest volcanic peak
- Mountaineers Satyarup Siddhanta and Mousumi Khatua created history by climbing Asia’s highest volcanic peak Mount Damavand in Iran.
Air force association Celebrates Annual Day
- The Annual Day of Air Force Association celebrated at Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate in the memory of those who laid down their lives for the motherland.
Nepal, China begin joint military exercises
- “Sagarmatha Friendship-2” military exercise in China’s Sichuan province between Nepal and China focuses on counter-terrorism and disaster management.
Russia’s military jet lost over the Mediterranean sea coast
- Russia’s military aircraft Il-20 with 14 people on board has disappeared over Syria’s Mediterranean Sea coast.
Japan conducts submarine drill
- Japan has carried out its first submarine drill in the disputed South China Sea in the region to improve strategic techniques.
23rd edition of the International Seapower Symposium (ISS)
- Indian Chief of the Naval Staff visiting Rhode Island, USA on a bilateral visit attending the 23rd edition of the International Seapower Symposium (ISS) organised by the US Navy.
- Exercise Aviaindra is an Air Force level exercise between India and the Russian Federation is being conducted at Lipetsk, Russia from 17 Sep to 28 Sep 18 and will be conducted in Jodhpur, India from 10 Dec to 22 Dec 18.
Successful Flight Test of Prahar
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested the indigenously developed surface-to-surface tactical missile ‘Prahar’. It is a contemporary weapon system capable of carrying multiple types of warheads and neutralizing a wide variety of targets.
India successfully test fires Prithvi Defence Vehicle
- India successfully conducted an interceptor missile test off the Odisha coast achieving a major milestone in developing a two-layer Ballistic Missile Defence system.
DAC approves procurement of one thousand engines for T-72 tanks
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has approved procurement of 1,000 engines for fitment in T-72 tanks of the Army at an approximate cost of over 2,300 crore rupees.
IAF successfully test fires air-to-air Astra missile
- The Indian Air Force successfully test fired the indigenously developed Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile.
IONS Working Group Meeting on HADR
- The 3rd Meeting of Indian Ocean Naval symposium (IONS) Working Group on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) was inaugurated at Maritime Warfare Centre, Visakhapatnam.
India to gift Mig-21 fighter jets to Russia
A highlight on the sidelines of the upcoming India-Russia bilateral summit is likely to be the gifting of three Mig-21 fighter jets to Russia.