National Current Affairs in September 2019
In this we have given, September Month National Current Affairs 2019 and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
September month to be celebrated as ‘Rashtriya Poshan Maah’
- The entire month of September will be celebrated as the Rashtriya Poshan Maah.
- This year the theme is Complementary Feeding.
- Prime Minister’s Overreaching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment – POSHAN Abhiyaan is a multi- ministerial convergence mission with the vision to address malnutrition with a targeted approach by 2022.
EC launches Electors Verification Programme
- The Election Commission launched new mega Electors Verification Programme (EVP) across the country. Under the programme, a voter from each family will get a username and password, allowing a person to upload all documents related to electoral registration and tag similar details about his or her family members.
Country’s longest electrified rail tunnel
- In Andhra Pradesh, Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu dedicated the country’s longest electrified rail tunnel between Cherlopalli and Rapuru and the electrified railway line between Venkatachalam and Obulavaripalli. The length of the rail tunnel is 6.6 kilometre.
Fire and Fury Corps celebrates 20th Raising Day
- The elite Fire and Fury Corps on September 1 celebrated its 20th raising day at Leh, with all its personnel reaffirming their wholehearted support to the people of Ladakh region.
- It was on September 1, 1999, in the aftermath of the Kargil War that this elite Corps was raised.
Varun Dhawan’s ‘Coolie No.1’ first Bollywood film set to go plastic-free
- Bollywood has taken lead to promote India’s plastic free movement with Varun Dhawan’s upcoming movie “Coolie No. 1” becoming the first Bollywood film to go plastic-free.
- The movie’s producer Deepshikha Deshmukh announced on twitter today that the movie is going plastic free and urged her peers to do the same.
Food ministry to ban single-use plastic products from Sep 15
- Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ram Vilas Paswan announced a blanket ban on all types of single-use plastic products in his Ministry and its all PSUs from 15th of this month.
- The decision was taken in a high-level meeting with Secretaries of both the Departments and with other senior officials of the Ministry.
“Eat Right India Movement”
- Dr Harsh Vardhan launched the Eat Right India Movement of FSSAI, the new healthy eating approach which places citizens at the centre of a Health Revolution through food and fitness.The campaign ‘Eat Right India’ with its new logo and tagline ‘Sahi Bhojan. Behtar Jeevan’ were released by the Health Minister, at an event on the side-lines of the 5-day ‘72nd Session of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia’.
India announces 1 billion dollar line of credit for development of Russia’s Far East
- India today announced a line of credit worth one Billion US dollars for the development of the Far East region of Russia. Addressing the Plenary Session of 5th Eastern Economic Forum, EEF, in Vladivostok this evening, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said this announcement will prove to be a take-off point for India’s ‘Act Far East’ policy.
Project ‘Bal Basera’ for the welfare of Children of Construction Workers
- With the support of CPWD, a Crèche (Bal Basera) at AIIMS Rishikesh, a project for the welfare of Children of Construction Workers deployed at the site will be inaugurated by Mrs Deepa Singh, President CPWD Officers’ Wives Association on 09.09.2019 at 11.00 AM. Bal Basera shall accommodate about 35 Children and shall be run by the CPWD OWA. AIIMS Rishikesh Project is being executed by CPWD.
Gandhi Solar Park inaugurated at UN headquarters
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared his thoughts on Mahatma Gandhi at a programme hosted by India in New York. Mr Modi along with others world leaders also inaugurated the Gandhi Solar Park at the UN headquarters and released a commemorative stamp issued by the UN on the occasion of Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary.
Article 371 providing special provisions for NE states will not be tampered with
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has asserted that the Article 371, which provides special provisions for North Eastern states, will not be tampered with. Addressing the 68th Plenary of the North Eastern Council (NEC) in Guwahati, Mr. Shah allayed apprehensions of North Eastern people regarding Article 371, following the abrogation of Article 370.
DPIIT to Launch Plastic Waste Management Campaign
- As part of Prime Minister’s call to action for Plastic Waste Management, during his Independence Day speech, the theme of this year’s Swachhta hi Sewa is Plastic Waste Management.
- Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, is playing a critical two-fold role for the success of the campaign as mandated by Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
National Animal Disease Control Programme
- In one of the major efforts towards doubling the Farmers Income, Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall be launching the National Animal Disease Control Programme (NADCP) for eradicating the Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis in the livestock, on 11th September from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
- The programme also aims at vaccinating 36 Million Female Bovine Calves annually in its fight against the Brucellosis disease.
Prime Minister to Launch Kisan Man Dhan Yojana on the 12th of September
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall launch the Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana on the 12th of September at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- The Scheme shall secure the lives of 5 Crore Small and Marginal Farmers by providing a minimum pension of Rs 3000 per month, to those who attain 60 years of age.
- The scheme has an outlay of Rs 10,774 Crores for the next three years. All the small and marginal farmers who are currently between the ages of 18 to 40 years can apply for the scheme.
Motihari-Amlekhganj cross border petroleum pipeline
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Nepal’s Prime Minister K.P.Sharma Oli will jointly inaugurate Motihari-Amlekhgunj cross border petroleum products pipeline through video conference. This is the first transnational petroleum pipeline from India and first South Asian oil pipeline corridor.
- The landmark pipeline will ensure smooth, cost-effective and environment-friendly supply of petroleum products to Nepal. The 69 kms long pipeline from Motihari in Bihar to Amlekhgunj in Nepal has been constructed at the cost of around three hundred fifty crore rupees which are entirely borne by Indian Oil Corporation.
India’s second Multi-Modal Terminal in Jharkhand
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation India’s second riverine Multi-Modal terminal (MMT) built at Sahibganj in Jharkhand. The terminal at Sahibganj will open up industries of Jharkhand and Bihar to the global market and provide Indo-Nepal cargo connectivity through waterways route.
132nd Birth Anniversary Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant
- The nation today paid tributes to Freedom Fighter Bharat Ratna Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant on his 132nd Birth Anniversary.
- Bharat Ratna Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant was Indian freedom fighter and one of the architects of modern India. He, along with Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Vallabh Bhai Patel, was a key figure in India’s Independence movement.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches Swachhata Hi Seva (SHS) 2019
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi launched Swachhata Hi Seva (SHS) 2019, a massive countrywide awareness and mobilization campaign on Swachhata at Mathura. SHS 2019, with special focus on ‘plastic waste awareness and management’ is being organized from 11th September to October 2nd 2019, as the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) is poised to dedicate an ODF India to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th birth anniversary
India’s Tallest Air Traffic Control Tower Inaugurated
- India’s tallest Air Traffic Control tower was inaugurated at the Indira Gandhi International Airport recently which will ensure up-scaled services and systems for efficient, smooth and uninterrupted air traffic management.
- Hindi Divas is being celebrated across the country. It was on this day in 1949 that the Constituent Assembly adopted Hindi written in Devanagari as the official language of the country.
Maritime Communication Services in India
- Union Minister for Communications, Electronics & Information Technology and Law & Justice Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the maritime communication services at Mumbai.
- He said that Maritime Connectivity will enable high-end support to those in sea by providing access to Voice, Data and Video services while traveling on sailing vessels, cruise liners, ships in India, using satellite technology.
Centre to set up 12,500 Ayush Health and Wellness Centres across the country
- Union Government has set a target of setting up 12 thousand 500 Ayush Health and Wellness Centres across the country. Out of which four thousand will be set up during this year. AYUSH Minister Shripad Yesso Naik said this after inaugurating a Unani Medical Centre and Siddha Clinical Research Unit at Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi.
Doordarshan completes 60 years of existence
- The public broadcaster started its journey on September 15 in 1959 from Delhi. Over 90 percent of Indian population receive DD programmes. Over the years, Doordarshan has grown into a network operating 34 satellite channels, besides providing free-to-air DTH service having 104 in its bookings.
National Centre for Clean Coal Research & Development inaugurated at Bengaluru
- Union Minister of Science & Technology, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, today inaugurated the National Centre for Clean Coal Research and Development at Indian Institute of Science (IISc)-Bengaluru.
- Government of India through Department of Science & Technology, has set up the National Centre for Clean Coal Research and Development (NCCCR&D) as a national level consortium on clean coal R&D, led by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc)-Bengaluru.
International symposium on buckwheat
- In Meghalaya, a four-day international symposium on buckwheat with the theme “diversifying food systems for health and nutritional security” is being organised by North Eastern Hills University, Shillong from 3rd to 6th September 2019.
Ministry of Railways decides to adopt HOG (Head on Generation technology) system
- The way ACs run and power supply is done in railway coaches is to transform. Such new technological transformation is also to bring in foreign exchange saving of about 1400 Crore Rupees per year.
- In the new technology called – Head on Generation technology, the power will be drawn from the Overhead Electric supply. The power generator cars which used to make huge noise and emit fumes will no more be there. In place of two such generator cars there will be one standby silent generator car to be used for emergency.
Supreme Court gets four new judges
- The Centre on September 18 cleared the appointments of Justices V. Ramasubramanian, Krishna Murari, S. Ravindra Bhat and Hrishikesh Roy as Supreme Court judges. The Supreme Court vacancies had increased its judicial strength from 31 to 34 following the enactment of the Supreme Court (Number of Judges) Bill of 2019 into law.
Government notifies 8.65% interest rate for EPFO members
- Government has approved 8.65 per cent interest rate on deposits in Employees Provident Fund for 2018-19.
- Ministry of Labour and Employment has notified 8.65 per cent rate of interest on EPF deposits for its over six crore subscribers.
Emergency Response Support System (ERSS- Dial 112)
- Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah launched three citizen centric services of the Chandigarh Police, in Chandigarh.
- ERSS provides a single emergency number (112) has been designed to play a pivotal role in mitigation or preventing escalation of crime, especially against women and children.
- Citizens can send their emergency information through call, sms, email and through the 112 India mobile app. ERSS is one of the key projects of the Union Ministry of Home Affairs under Nirbhaya Fund.
National Intelligence Grid to be ready by early 2020
- The NATGRID – a robust intelligence gathering mechanism related to immigration, banking, individual tax payers, air and train travels – is likely to be operational by January 2020.
- The NATGRID will have data related to all immigration entry and exit, banking and financial transactions, credit card purchases, telecom, individual tax payers, air flyers, train ravelers besides others to generate intelligence inputs.
Chilahati- border railway link upgradation work inaugurated
- Railway Minister of Bangladesh, Md. Nurul Islam Sujan and High Commissioner of India, Riva Ganguly Das laid the foundation stone at Chilahati in Bangladesh for undertaking the work of up-gradation and laying of missing tracks from Chilahati to the border with India near Haldibari.
- The Haldibari- Chilahati railway track was part of the broad gauge main route from Kolkata to Siliguri during British undivided Trains from Bangladesh to Darjeeling via Siliguri operated till 1965 which stopped functioning after the 1965 Indo-Pak war.
‘UMMID’ initiative to tackle inherited genetic diseases of new born babies
- The Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched UMMID (Unique Methods of Management and treatment of Inherited Disorders) initiative and inaugurated NIDAN (National Inherited Diseases Administration) Kendras, which is being supported by Department of Biotechnology (DBT),M/o Science and Technology.
National Launch of 10 Year Rural Sanitation Strategy
- The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti, GoI launched the 10 Year Rural Sanitation Strategy (2019-2029), which focus on sustaining the sanitation behavior change that has been achieved under the Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G).
Two insurance schemes for traders launched in haryana
- The State government launched two insurance schemes for registered small and medium traders in an apparent bid to woo voters. Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched “Mukhyamantri Vyapari Samuhik Niji Durghatna Beema Yojana” and “Mukhyamantri Vyapari Kshatipurti Beema Yojana”.
‘Glorious Diaspora – Pride of India’
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu releasing the Coffee Table Book titled ‘Glorious Diaspora- Pride of India’ containing brief profiles of the recipients of Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards from 2003 to 2019 in New Delhi, he said the overseas Indians must create awareness in the countries of their stay that the dilution of Article 370 was purely an internal administrative measure and aimed at accelerating the development of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh.
“Handbook on Fisheries Statistics – 2018
- The Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying Shri Giriraj Singh released the “Handbook on Fisheries Statistics – 2018”, published by the Department of Fisheries of Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Government of India. The Handbook on Fisheries Statistics – 2018 is the 13th edition which presents useful statistical information for various aspects of Fisheries sector. The last (12th edition of) Handbook was published in 2014.
“Sikh Heritage of Nepal”
- A book titled “Sikh Heritage of Nepal” was released in Kathmandu. The book published by Indian Embassy highlights Nepal’s Sikh connection which dates back to Guru Nanak Dev, who travelled through Nepal during his third Udasi.The book also underlines the Sikh community’s significant contribution to the development of Nepal.
2019 All Current Affairs Capsule Download – Click Here
General Knowledge Study Materials Click Here for Download
All subject Study Materials Click Here for Download
|To Subscribe Youtube Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|