National Current Affairs in October 2019
In this we have given, October Month National Current Affairs 2019 and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
Mahatma Gandhi 150th Birth Anniversary
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi a political ethicist who employed nonviolent resistance to lead the successful campaign for India’s independence from British Rule was born on October 2, 1869.
- Fondly remembered as the Father of the Nation, he is known to have inspired movements for civil rights and freedom across the world.
- Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday, October 2, is not only commemorated in India as Gandhi Jayanti, a national holiday, but is celebrated worldwide as the International Day of Nonviolence.
Former PM Lal Bahadur Shastri’s birth anniversary
- The nation is remembering Former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his birth anniversary. Under Shastri’s leadership, India won the 1965 war against Pakistan. He gave the nation the powerful slogan of Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan to enthuse soldiers and farmers.
“Digital Gandhi Gyan-Vigyan” inaugurated
- The Secretary of Department of Science & Technology, Prof. Ashutosh sharma inaugurated an exhibition titled “Digital Gandhi Gyan Vigyan Exhibition”.
- The exhibition has been organised in collaboration with a technology start-up under incubation by IIT, namely, M/s Vizara Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Delhi. The Department of Science & Technology has also engaged IIT Gandhinagar for organising a workshop for about 200 school children on 3rd and 4th October 2019.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurates Swachh Bharat Diwas 2019
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Swachh Bharat Diwas 2019 in Ahmedabad. He released postage stamp and silver coin to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. He also distributed the Swachh Bharat Puraskar to the winners.
Inter-State portability for ration cards launched
- An inter-State portability for ration cards has been launched for Rajasthan and Haryana to facilitate the distribution of foodgrains to beneficiaries of the National Food Security scheme. Labourers in the unorganised sector, migrating from one State to the other in search of work, will mainly benefit from the scheme.
- While the portability for Rajasthan and Haryana had been launched, the Centre would implement it all over the country soon.
Border Roads Organisation to use plastic to build roads along Sino-India border
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has started a pilot project to build roads using plastic waste and environment-friendly technology, primarily along the Sino-India border.
- Six roads in the States of Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura have been identified for construction using waste plastic material and work on this pilot project has commenced
AIM NITI Aayog, UNDP India Jointly Launch Youth Co:Lab
- In a latest initiative to recognize young people as critical drivers of sustainable development, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India launched Youth Co:Lab which aims at accelerating social entrepreneurship and innovation in young India.
- The first phase of Youth Co:Lab will focus on six SDGs: SDG 5 (Gender Equality), SDG 6 (Clean Water and Sanitation), SDG 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy), SDG 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth), SDG 12 (Sustainable Consumption and Production) and SDG 13 (Climate Action).
Jaipur cleanest railway station in India, Jodhpur ranks as 2nd best
- Under Swachh Rail, Swacch Bharat cleanliness assessment 2019, Jaipur Junction has top the tally among 720 stations covered all over the country. Jodhpur bagged second place where sub urban station of Jaipur Durgapura has been places third.
- Seven stations under NWR, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Durgapura, Gandhinagar Jaipur, Suratgarh, Udaipur City and Ajmer found place in first 10 most clean railway stations of the country.
Dr Harsh Vardhan launches FSSAI’s ‘Trans-Fat Free’ logo
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched the “Trans Fat Free” logo of Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), at the 8th International Chefs’ Conference (ICC VII) in New Delhi. This marked an important milestone in the movement against Trans-Fats and also provided a momentum to accelerate the ‘Eat Right India’ movement of FSSAI.
Government launches Ganga Aamantran Abhiyan
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched a unique initiative called ‘Ganga Amantran’ to connect with the stakeholders of the river.
- It is a pioneering exploratory open- water rafting and kayaking expedition on the Ganga river.It will begin on oct 11 and will continue till 11th of next month.
Ministry of Tourism organises first of its kind Adventure Trekking Training course
- ShriPrahlad Singh Patel, the Indian Institute of Skiing & Mountaineering (IISM) Gulmarg, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India in association with Indian Institute of Travel & Tourism Management (IITTM) an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourismhas organised an Adventure Tourism Training Courses in Trekking in Ladakh.
National e-Assessment Centre
- Revenue Secretary Ajay Bhushan Pandey inaugurated National E-Assessment Centre and Regional E-Assessment Centers.
- The National E-Assessment Center is situated in Delhi while Regional E-Assessment Centers are in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bangalore, Delhi and Hyderabad.
India’s development partnership programme ITEC completes 55 years
- Development Partnership Administration Division of the External Affairs Ministry is organizing a conference in New Delhi to celebrate the 55th Anniversary of India’s flagship capacity building programme – Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation.
- ITEC Programme was launched on 15 September 1964 by the Ministry.
63rd Dhammachakra Pravartan Din
- In Maharashtra, 63rd Dhammachakra Pravartan Din will be celebrated at Deekshabhoomi in Nagpur. Buddhist followers from the different parts of the country and abroad are reaching at the venue to pay homage to the Architect of Indian Constitution Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar at Deekshabhoomi.
IAF celebrates its 87th anniversary
- The Indian Air Force, IAF, is celebrating its 87th anniversary. The IAF was founded on October 8, 1932. A grand function was held at the Air Force Station Hindan near Ghaziabad to celebrate the day. A scintillating air display by various aircraft was the hallmark of the Air Force Day Parade-cum-Investiture Ceremony.
WHO IndiaCountry Cooperation Strategy 2019–2023
- Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan launched ‘The WHO India Country Cooperation Strategy 2019–2023: A Time of Transition’. The Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS) provides a strategic roadmap for WHO to work with the Government of India towards achieving its health sector goals, in improving the health of its population and bringing in transformative changes in the health sector.
Cabinet doubles honorarium for Asha workers
- Union Cabinet has doubled honorarium for ten lakh ASHA workers from the existing 1000 rupees to 2000 rupees per month. Briefing media persons after the Cabinet meeting, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar said the government has also decided to provide other benefits to ASHA workers in addition to the hike in their monthly honorarium.
9thRCEP Intersessional Ministerial Meeting in Thailand
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways, Piyush Goyal will attend the 9thRegional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Intersessional Ministerial meeting to be held on 11-12 October 2019at Bangkok in Thailand.
- This will be the last Ministerial before the 3rdLeaders Summit to be held on November 4th 2019 in Bangkok. The Prime Minister of India is expected to attend the Summit.
38thIndia Carpet Expo
- The Carpet Export Promotion Council (CEPC) is organizing the 38thIndia Carpet Expo (15thin Varanasi), from 11th- 14thOctober, 2019 in Sampurnanand Sanskrit University Ground with an aim to promote the cultural heritage and weaving skills of Indian hand-made carpets.
14th Annual Convention of Central Information Commission
- Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah would preside as Chief Guest over the inaugural session of the 14th Annual Convention of the Central Information Commission (CIC) in New Delhi, on 12th October, 2019.
Nation pays homage to former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on his birth anniversary
- The nation pays homage to former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on his birth anniversary on October 15. Every year, former president APJ Abdul Kalam’s birthday is celebrated as World Students’ Day.
- He was India’s 11th President, who served from 2002 to 2007, and was widely referred to as the people’s President besides being credited for India’s civilian space programme and military missile systems.
Training of 1st Batch of National Trainers for Census of India 2021 commences
- The first batch of the trainings of National Trainers for Census of India 2021 commenced today at National Statistical System Training Academy (NSSTA), Greater Noida, with Additional RGI, Shri Sanjay inaugurating the interactive training session.
- This training would take place from 14th October 2019 to 25th October 2019. Registrar general and Census Commissioner of India, Shri Vivek Joshi would address and interact with the participants during the training.
60th ‘World Standard Day’ by Bureau of Indian Standards
- Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan inaugurated the celebrations of ‘World Standard Day’ by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) on the theme “Video Standards create a global stage” in New Delhi. The theme is highly relevant in the Indian context as India is the fastest growing entertainment and media market globally and is expected to keep up the momentum by growing at a compounded annual growth rate of more than 11%. W
48th edition of the Indian Handicrafts and Gifts Fair (IHGF)
- Textiles Secretary, Ravi Capoor, inaugurated the 48th edition of the Indian Handicrafts and Gifts Fair (IHGF) at the India Expo Centre & Mart at Greater Noida. The IHGF-Delhi Fair 2019 will have knowledge seminars on various topics by expert faculties.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is the Theme of IHGF-Delhi Fair.
20th Livestock Census
- Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying has released the 20th Livestock Census report.
- The Census will prove beneficial not just for policy makers but also for agriculturists, traders, entrepreneurs, dairying industry and masses in general.
- The total Livestock population is 535.78 million in the country showing an increase of 4.6% over Livestock Census-2012. Total Bovine population (Cattle, Buffalo, Mithun and Yak) is 302.79 Million in 2019 which shows an increase of about 1% over the previous census.
35th Raising Day of National Security Guard (NSG)
- Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah presided over as Chief Guest on the 35th Raising Day Ceremony of National Security Guard (NSG), at NSG HQ in Manesar, Gurugram.
- The National Security Guard (NSG) is a counter terrorism unit under the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). It was raised in 15th October1984, following Operation Blue Star, Akshardham Temple attack and the assassination of Indira Gandhi, for combating terrorist activities with a view to protect states against internal disturbances.
Col. Chewang Rinchen Setu in Ladakh
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will attend the inaugural ceremony of Col. Chewang Rinchen Setu which has been constructed at an altitude of 14,650 feet in the forward area of Ladakh region. This bridge has been built by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
- It is named in honor of Colonel Chewang Rinchan who was one of the highly decorated officer in the Indian Army from Ladakh and he was awarded the Maha Vir Chakara twice.
Police Commemoration Day
- Union Minister of Home Affairs Shri Amit Shah presided over the occasion of the Police Commemoration Day and paid homage to the police personnel martyred in the line of duty at the National Police Memorial, in New Delhi.
- Police Commemoration Day is observed on 21st October every year to honor the loyalty and supreme sacrifice of police personnel for the nation.
Government to set up 1 lakh digital villages
- Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad said that the government will set up one lakh digital villages in the country in the next few years. Speaking at the MeitY Start-Up Summit 2019 in New Delhi, Mr Prasad appealed to the concerned stakeholders to patronize and mentor these digital villages in their own way. He said these villages will be the centres for promoting entrepreneurship.
Two-day International Workshop on Environmental Flows Assessment and Implementation
- International workshop on Environmental Flows Assessment and Implementation for India was inaugurated by Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Minister for Jal Shakti at Delhi. The exchange of Indian, European and International Experiences was brought together by National Mission of Clean Ganga (NMCG) along with the Indo-German Cooperation with its project “Support to Ganga Rejuvenation” (SGR).
Most advanced Electronic Interlocking System installed
- Most advanced Electronic Interlocking System has been installed on the Grand Chord route. The measure is expected to help Indian Railways speed up trains and to achieve its future objective of reducing the travel time between Delhi and Howrah to about 12 hours from the existing 17-19 hours.
- Grand Chord is part of the Howrah-Gaya-Delhi line and Howrah-Allahabad-Mumbai line. This new Electronic system replaces outdated 65-year old mechanical signaling system at Tundla Junction in Uttar Pradesh on the route.
Fertilizer Application Awareness Program
- In order to disseminate knowledge to farmers on optimum usage of fertilizer nutrients based on various parameters to sustain agricultural productivity and to make farmers aware of new developments in the field of fertilizer usage and management, the Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar along with Union Minister for Chemical and Fertilizers Shri D. V. Sadananda Gowda jointly inaugurated the bi-annual Fertilizer Application Awareness Program at Pusa in New Delhi. The event is organised jointly by both the Ministries before Kharif and Rabi season each year with the help of State Governments.
First National Protocol to Enumerate Snow Leopard Population in India Launched
- In a major boost towards protecting and conserving Snow Leopards, Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Shri Prakash Javadekar launched the First National Protocol on Snow Leopard Population Assessment in India, on the occasion of International Snow Leopard Day on October 23.
Ayurveda Day to be celebrated throughout the Country on 25th October
- The 4th Ayurveda day to be organized on 25th October, 2019 at National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur, Rajasthan. Dhanwantari Pujan and “National Dhanwantari Ayurveda Awards -2019” ceremony will be held at NIA
- On this occasion, a National Conference ‘Ayurveda for Longevity’ will also be organized on 24th October, 2019.
IFFI, Goa to celebrate Golden Jubilee Edition in November
- International Film Festival of India, IFFI, Goa celebrates its Golden Jubilee Edition this year beginning from 20th of The list of films for Open-Air Screenings during 50th International Film Festival of India in Goa has been released. In all, 14 movies will be screened at the two venues.
- The theme is ‘The Joy of Cinema’ where select movies from the Comedy and related genre and the Indian Panorama section will be screened for the audience.
Vigilance Awareness Week to be observed from 28th October to 2nd November
- The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) observes the Vigilance Awareness Week from 28th October to 2nd November, 2019. This is observed every year during the week in which the birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (31st October) falls. This awareness week campaign affirms our commitment to promotion of integrity and probity in public life through citizen participation.
- Theme of the Vigilance Awareness Week: “Integrity- A way of life”
CSIR conducts Whole Genome Sequencing of over 1,000 Indians
- The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) has conducted Whole Genome Sequencing of 1,008 Indians from different populations across the country. Announcing details of the IndiGen Genome project, the Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan said that the whole genome data will be important for building the knowhow, baseline data and indigenous capacity in the emerging area of Precision Medicine.
- The IndiGen initiative was undertaken by CSIR in April 2019, which was implemented by the CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB), Delhi and CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi extended greetings to soldiers on Infantry Day, saying infantry personifies diligence and bravery.
- Infantry Day is observed on October 27 to mark the landing of first Indian troops in Jammu and Kashmir in 1947 to push back Pakistan supported intruders.
Air India depicts ‘Ik Onkar’ on tail to mark 550th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev
- In a unique gesture to mark 550th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji, Air India has depicted Sikh religious symbol ‘Ik Onkar’ on the tail of one of its aircraft. The flight is set to fly from Amritsar to Stansted in the United Kingdom
Nagaland partners with Madhya Pradesh under ‘Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat’
- Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat’ programme has brought in the states of Nagaland and Madhya Pradesh as one to celebrate the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between the two states.
- With Madhya Pradesh as a partner state, Nagaland under this programme has the endeavour of sharing and learning knowledge of culture through various activities undertaken by the nodal department the State directorate of Higher Education along with Art & Culture, Tourism, Industries and Commerce.
Commemorative Coin on Paramahansa Yogananda
- The Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman released a special commemorative coin on Paramahansa Yogananda to mark his 125th birth anniversary.
- Ms Sitharaman said, the importance lies in Paramahansa Yogananda’s universal message of bringing harmony among mankind and making it so acceptable globally even when communications modes were limited.
National Unity Day
- National Unity day (also known as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas) is celebrated every year on 31st of October by the people all through India. It is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel who really unified the country. Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unity Day was introduced by the Government of India in 2014 with the aim of celebrating this event every year on 31st October.
- The aim of introducing this event is to pay tribute to the great man, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, on his birth anniversary by remembering his extraordinary works for the country. He really worked hard in keeping India united.
New UTs Jammu-Kashmir and Ladakh come into existence
- Radha Krishna Mathur took oath as the first Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh. He was administered the oath of office by the Jammu and Kashmir Chief Justice Gitta Mittal at a function held at Sindhu Sanskriti Kendra in Leh. Girish Chandra Murmu has been appointed as the first Lieutenant Governor of the J&K Union Territory. The two new Governors would be replacing Satya Pal Malik, who served as the 13th and last Governor of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The State of Jammu and Kashmir ceased to exist at 30 October in line with The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019. The two Union Territories came into existence following the August 5th decision of Parliament to bifurcate Jammu and Kashmir.
14th National Health Profile, 2019
- Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare released the 14th National Health Profile (NHP) 2019 & its e-book (digital version). The NHP is prepared by the Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI) and covers comprehensive information on demographic, socio-economic health status, health finance indicators, health infrastructure and health of human resources in the country. This 14th edition of NHP is the continuation of the publication since 2005.
Shirui Lily Festival inaugurated in Manipur
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism and Culture Prahlad Singh Patel yesterday inaugurated Shirui Lily Festival, 2019 at Shirui Vangayan Ground of Ukhrul in Manipur.
- Mr Patel along with State Chief Minister N. Biren Singh inaugurated the Strength of Unity Statue as a mark of opening the third edition of the four-day state festival.
Tripura CM inaugurates daily Air-Asia flights to various cities
- Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurated daily Air-Asia flights from Agartala to Imphal (Manipur), Guwahati (Assam), Delhi and Kolkata (West Bengal) at Maharaj Bir Bikram Airport, Agartala.
2019 All Current Affairs Capsule Download – Click Here
General Knowledge Study Materials – Click Here for Download
All subject Study Materials – Click Here for Download
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|