National Current Affairs in October 2018
In this we have given, October Month National Current Affairs and their other details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
National Current Affairs:
Centre to set up 5,000 Compressed Bio Gas plants
- The Centre has planned to set up 5,000 Compressed Bio Gas plants in the country in the next four years with an investment of around one lakh 75 thousand crore rupees.
Monsoon 2018 ends with 9% below normal rains
- The Monsoon season has come to an end with a below normal showing this year as the country recorded a nine per cent deficit in rainfall. Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and northeastern states recorded the maximum deficiency.
Nation pays homage to the former PM Lal Bahadur Shastri on his birth anniversary
- The Nation also pays homage to the former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his birth anniversary. Shastri gave the powerful slogan of Jai Jawan, Jai Kisanto enthuse soldiers and farmers.
MNS Celebrates 93rd Raising Day
- The Military Nursing Service (MNS) celebrating its 93rd Raising Day on October 1st.
BCCI, brought under RTI Act
- Central Information Commission (CIC) has ruled that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is covered under the RTI Act and answerable to the people of the country.
Inauguration of Multimedia Exhibition
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Information & Broadcasting and Sports & Youth Affairs Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore (Retd.) inaugurated Multimedia Exhibition on 150 years of Celebrating Mahatma Gandhi’s Birth Anniversary.
Cabinet hikes MSP of Rabi crops
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA, has increased the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for all Rabi crops for the current financial year which will be marketed in 2019-20 season.
- The MSP of wheat – raised by 105 rupees per quintal, Safflower – 845 rupees per quintal, Barley – 30 rupees a quintal, Masur – 225 per quintal, Gram – 220 per quintal and rapeseed & mustard – 200 rupees per quintal.
Centre sanctiones 122 schemes
- The Centre has sanctioned 122 schemes to mitigate ill effects of arsenic in Assam.
Redevelopment of Railway Stations
- Cabinet approves Redevelopment of Railway Stations by IRSDC as Nodal Agency, through simplified procedures and longer lease tenure.
Nagaland’s ‘Gandhi’ Natwar Thakkar dies
- Noted Gandhian Natwar Thakkar came to be accepted as “Nagaland’s Gandhi” died in a private hospital in Guwahati .
State to partner with Goa International Film Festival
- Jharkhand to become partner state at Goa International Film Festival to showcase its culture and favourable film.
PM to unveil Deenbandhu Sir Chhotu Ram statue
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to unveil a statue of Deenbandhu Sir Chhotu Ram at Sampla in Rohtak.
Uttarakhand CM flags off test run of state’s first electric bus
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat flagged off the test run of the state’s first electric bus to encourage the operation of pollution-free vehicles in the state.
Online Assurances Monitoring System(OAMS) inauguration
- Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Statistics & Programme Implementation, Shri Vijay Goel, inaugurated the Online Assurances Monitoring System(OAMS), developed by the Union Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi attended and delivered an address at the event to mark the launch of the Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Silver Jubilee celebrations of NHRC
- The three-day Silver Jubilee celebrations of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) begin to mark the occasion. The Commission is completing 25 years of its existence with its 26th Foundation Day. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the Silver Jubilee Foundation Day of the Commission in New Delhi.
Mission to sequence genes of Indians
- India is planning a major mission to sequence the genes of a “large” group of Indians to improve health as well as buck a global trend of designing ‘personalised medicine.’ The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Department of Biotechnology would be closely associated with the project.
Inauguration the hi-tech Central Warehouse
- Union Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Shri Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the hi-tech Central Warehouse, setup by the Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI) in Bilaspur, Gurugram.
Two-day Agri-startup and Entrepreneurship inauguration
- On the occasion of World Food Day, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Radha Mohan Singh inaugurated a two-day Agri-startup and Entrepreneurship in New Delhi.
- Theme – Unleashing potentials in agriculture for young agri-preneurs.
NGT fines Delhi government Rs 50 crores
- The National Green Tribunal has fined the Delhi government 50 crore rupees for its “failure” to take action against steel pickling units in residential areas as they fall under the prohibited list of industrial activity.
NITI Aayog launches guidelines for Public-Private partnership in NCDs
- NITI Aayog launched the model guidelines for Public – Private partnership in Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs). As per the guidelines, the private partner will invest in upgrading, building and deploying human resources.
75th anniversary of Azad Hind government
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will join a flag-hoisting ceremony at Red Fort on 21.10.2018 to mark the 75th anniversary of the Azad Hind government constituted by Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
Revised CBSE Affiliation Bye Laws
- Union HRD Minister releases the revised CBSE Affiliation Bye Laws to ensure speed, transparency, hassle-free procedures and ease of doing business with the CBSE.
Centre notifies special courts for benami transaction cases
- The Centre has issued the notification that Sessions Courts in 34 states and union territories, will act as Special Courts for the trial of offences under the benami transaction law.
SC allows green crackers with permissible sound limits on Diwali
- The Supreme court permitted sale and manufacture of “green” crackers which have low emission across the country.
SC directs Rajasthan govt to stop illegal mining in Aravalli hills
- The Supreme Court directed the Rajasthan government to stop illegal mining in a 115.34-hectare area in Aravalli hills within 48 hours.
1500 crore rupees will be spent to develop the NH in A&N Islands
- Government says 1500 crore rupees will be spent to develop the National Highway in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Goa gets English translation of Portuguese civil code, 1867
- The English translation of the Portuguese civil code, 1867, followed in Goa, is now available at the Official Gazette, a year after the Goa bench of the Bombay High Court took suo moto cognizance of a news article that pointed out the inefficiencies of the uniform civil code that often got lost in translation.
GoM to strengthen legal & institutional frameworks to deal with & prevent sexual harassment at workplace
- The Government today constituted a Group of Ministers (GoM) to examine the existing legal and institutional frameworks for dealing with matters of sexual harassment of women at the workplace. GoM to be headed by the Union Home Minister
Two day Children’s Film Bonanza
- In Arunachal Pradesh, the two day Children’s Film Bonanza begins in Naharlagun. Internationally acclaimed film Gauru will be screened during the two day event.
- The film festival is being organized by the Children’s Film Society, India, in collaboration with Arunachal Pradesh Information and Public Relation Department.
Supreme Court bans 15-year-old petrol & 10-year-old diesel vehicles in NCR to curb pollution
- The Supreme Court has prohibited the plying of 15-year-old petrol and 10-year-old diesel vehicles in the national capital region due to the prevailing pollution situation.
- The Apex court made it clear that such vehicles would be impounded if found on the roads in Delhi-NCR.
Supreme Court modifies Diwali cracker ban order
- The Supreme Court modified its order fixing a time slot of 8 pm to 10 pm for bursting firecrackers on Diwali.
- The apex court said the timing will be changed in places like Tamil Nadu and Puducherry but will not exceed two hours a day.
Fabric of Unity unveiled
Textiles Minister Smriti Zubin Irani unveiled the Fabric of Unity on the occasion of the 143rd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in Gurugram in Haryana.
2018 Current Affairs Download – Click Here