National Current Affairs – August 2018
In this we have given, August Month National Current Affairs and their details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
National Current Affairs:
Statutory status for BCs panel
- The Lok Sabha unanimously passed the 123rd Constitutional Amendment Bill providing for a National Commission for Backward Classes as a constitutional body.
Goa govt. to ban locals from playing in casinos
- Locals in Goa would be banned from playing in casinos from 2019 once the government appoints a gaming commissioner to regulate the operations.
Government permits e-commerce shipment via Foreign Post Offices
- The Customs Department plans to permit e-commerce shipment via foreign post offices.
Lok Sabha passes National Sports University Bill
- The Lok Sabha passed a Bill establishing a National Sports University in Manipur as part of a vision to enhance country’s standing in sports.
HRD Ministry approves norms against plagiarism
- Student researchers found guilty of plagiarism may lose their registration and teachers could lose their jobs as the Human Resource Development Ministry approved new regulations on plagiarism drafted by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Three northeastern States emerge as new HIV hotspots
- Meghalaya, Mizoram and Tripura have emerged as the new hotspots for HIV, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
11th Biosphere Reserve from India to be Included in the World Network of Biosphere Reserves
- The Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve has become the 11th Biosphere Reserve from India that has been included in the UNESCO designated World Network of Biosphere Reserves (WNBR).
NRIs cannot file RTI applications
Non-Resident Indians cannot file Right to Information (RTI) applications to seek governance-related information from the Central government departments.
For More Details Download PDF Here…