MoU and Agreements Current Affairs – January 2019
In this we have given, January Month International Current Affairs and their other details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whats app Group Click Here
International MoUs and Agreements:
|Mou Between (India)||Fields||
|1||India and Norway||India and Norway have agreed to closely collaborate on ocean economy and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. The two countries also signed a MoU for holding an India-Norway Ocean Dialogue.||Monarch – Harald V|
|Prime Minister – Erna Solberg|
|Capital – Oslo|
|Currency – Norwegian krone|
|2||India and Japan||Bilateral cooperation in the field of food processing between India and Japan will be mutually beneficial to the food processing sector in both countries. It will promote understanding of best practices in food processing in the two countries and will help in improving the food processing sector as well as improved market access, leading to equity and inclusiveness.||Crown Prince -Naruhito|
|Prime Minister – Shinzō Abe|
|Capital – Tokyo|
|3||India and Kuwait||The MOU provides a structured framework for cooperation on domestic workers related matters and provides strengthened safeguards for Indian domestic workers including female workers deployed in Kuwait.||Emir – Sabah Ahmad al-Sabah|
|Prime Minister – Jaber Mubarak al-Sabah|
|Capital – Kuwait City|
|Currency – Kuwaiti dinar|
|4||India and SAARC||The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval for amendment to the ‘Framework on Currency Swap Arrangement for SAARC Member Countries’ to incorporate a ‘Standby Swap’ amounting to USD 400 million operated within the overall size of the Facility of USD 2 billion and build in flexibility with respect to modalities of its operation, such as period of swap, roll over, etc.||Secretary general – H. E. Mr. Amjad Hussain B. Sial|
|Headquarters – Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Founded – 8 December 1985|
|Members – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, the Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.|
|5||India and OECD||Human Resources Development Ministry signed an agreement with Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) for India’s Participation in Programme for International Student Assessment- PISA 2021.||Secretary general – José Ángel Gurría|
|Headquarters – Paris, France|
|Founded – 30 September 1961|
|Members -34 member countries|
|6||India and China||India and China have signed the protocol for exports of Indian tobacco leaves to China. Quality tobacco on par with international standards is available in India at competitive prices and there is a good potential for export of Indian tobacco to China.||President – Xi Jinping|
|Capital – Beijing|
Government approves additional assistance of over Rs 1,146 cr to Tamil Nadu
- Government has approved the additional assistance of over one thousand 146 crore rupees to Tamil Nadu from National Disaster Response Fund, which was affected by cyclone – Gaja.
No need for license under Arms Act
- Manufacturing of items of defence aerospace and warships will now be covered by Industries (Development and Regulation) Act and will not require any licence from the Commerce and Industry Ministry.
Aadhaar, other laws (Amendment Bill) 2018
- The Aadhaar and other laws (Amendment Bill) 2018 was introduced in the Lok Sabha.
Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill
- The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill is scheduled to be tabled in the Rajya Sabha. Law and Justice Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad will move the bill in the House.
Cabinet approves restructuring of National Health Agency
- Union Cabinet has approved the restructuring of National Health Agency as the National Health Authority for better implementation of Pradhan Mantri – Jan Arogya Yojana.
Cabinet approves merger of Vijaya Bank, Dena Bank with Bank of Baroda
- The Cabinet has approved the merger of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank with Bank of Baroda. The scheme will come into effect from 1st of April this year.
Government appointed Committee to look into suicidal deaths by some of students of Navodaya Vidyalayas
- Human Resource Development Minister, Prakash Javadekar has said the government has appointed a Committee to go into reported suicidal deaths by some of the students of the Navodaya Vidyalaya schools.
Cabinet clears setting up of committee to implement Clause 6 of Assam Accord
- The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of a high-level committee for implementation of clause 6 of the Assam Accord and measures envisaged in the Memorandum of Settlement, 2003 and other issues related to Bodo community.
Cabinet approves amendment to Trade Unions Act, 1926
- The Cabinet has approved amendment to the Trade Unions Act, 1926 to make provisions regarding recognition of trade unions. The approval will facilitate recognition of Trade Unions at Central and State level.
RTE amendment Bill passed in Parliament
- Parliament has passed the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2018, with the Rajya Sabha approving it.
- The Lok Sabha had already passed the bill seeking to further amend the Right to Education Act, 2009 to abolish the no-detention policy in schools.
Parliament passes NCTE amendment Bill
- Parliament has passed the National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2018, with the Rajya Sabha approving it.
- The Lok Sabha had already passed it. The bill seeks to grant retrospective recognition to Central and State institutions which had conducted teacher education courses without approval by the Council.
NHAI to collaborate with Oil Marketing Companies for issuance of FASTags
- To ensure easier availability of FASTags, Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL), a company promoted by NHAI, is signing MoUs with state-run Oil Marketing Companies (IOCL, BPC, and HPC) on 7th January 2019. It will ensure availability of FASTags at petroleum outlets across India.
Government allocates Rs 10,900 cr for development of 40 satellite launch vehicles in next 4-years
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman Dr K Sivan has said that the Union Government has allocated 10,900 crore rupees for the development of 40 satellite launch vehicles in the next four years.
Lok Sabha passes DNA (Use and Application) Technology Regulation Bill
- The Lok Sabha passed the DNA Technology (Use and Application) Regulation Bill, 2019 by voice vote after a brief discussion. It seeks to provide regulation for the use and application of DNA technology for the purpose of establishing the identity of certain category of persons including the victims, offenders, suspects, under trials, missing persons and others.
Bill to provide 10% quota to EWS in general category
- The Lok Sabha has taken up for consideration and passage of a Constitution Amendment Bill providing for ten per cent reservation to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) in the General category.
- 124th Constitutional Amendment Bill facilitates reservation for EWS people in the upper caste in the direct recruitments and admission in higher educational institutions.
Rajya Sabha discusses 124th Constitution Amendment Bill
- The Rajya Sabha is currently holding a discussion on the Constitution (124th Amendment) Bill, 2019 to provide for ten per cent reservation in government jobs and admission in higher educational institutions to economically backward people among upper castes.
124th Constitution Amendment bill goes for Presidential Assent
- Rajya Sabha passed the Constitution 124th Amendment Bill 2019 providing 10 percent reservation in jobs and educational institutions to general category people with a thumping majority.
- 165 members voted in favor and only 7 voted against it. The bill now goes to the President for his assent to become a law.
MoU on promoting energy efficiency in buildings
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency and CPWD sign MoU on promoting energy efficiency in buildings.
- Focus on promoting energy efficient designs and construction of new buildings and star rating of CPWD managed buildings across the country.
Cabinet approves re-promulgation of triple talaq ordinance
- Union Cabinet has approved a proposal to re-promulgate the ordinance making instant triple talaq a criminal offence. The ordinance makes all declarations of instant triple talaq void and illegal and the practice a punishable offence with imprisonment of three years.
Cabinet approves establishment of three new AIIMS
- The Cabinet approved the establishment of three more All India Institute of Medical Sciences, AIIMS to boost healthcare infrastructure in the country. Two in Jammu & Kashmir and one at Rajkot in Gujarat.
Centre, six states sign agreement for Renukaji Dam Multipurpose Project
- An agreement for Renukaji Dam Multipurpose Project was signed in New Delhi among the States of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand in the presence of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- Under the agreement, three storage projects are proposed to be constructed on the river Yamuna and two of its tributaries – Tons and Giri in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
Government forms GoM for GST issues in real estate
- Government has constituted a seven-member Group of Ministers (GoM) to boost the real estate sector under the GST regime. Deputy Chief Minister of Gujarat Nitin Patel will be the convener of the GoM.
Cabinet approves recapitalisation of Exim Bank
- Union Cabinet approved recapitalisation of Export-Import Bank of India to the tune of 6,000 crore rupees and increase in the authorized capital of Exim Bank from 10,000 crore to 20,000 crore rupees.
President Kovind approved elevation of Justice Sanjiv Khanna, Justice Dinesh Maheshwari to SC
- President Ram Nath Kovind approved the elevation of Justice Sanjiv Khanna and Justice Dinesh Maheshwari to the Supreme Court.
- Justice Khanna is presently a judge of the Delhi High Court. Justice Maheshwari is the Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court.
10% reservation in education to economically weaker sections of general category
- The 10 per cent reservation in education to Economically Weaker Sections of general category will be implemented in 40,000 colleges and 900 universities from academic year 2019-20.
Gujarat signs around 130 MoUs with investment commitments in various sectors
- Gujarat government has signed around 130 MoUs with investment commitments worth over 56,000 crore rupees in various sectors on the first day of the three-day Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit.
National Bench of the Goods and Services Tax Appellate Tribunal, GSTAT
Cabinet has approved the creation of National Bench of the Goods and Services Tax Appellate Tribunal, GSTAT. The National Bench of the Appellate Tribunal shall be situated at New Delhi. GSTAT shall be presided over by the President and shall consist of one Technical Member (Centre) and one Technical Member (State).
Railways Minister Piyush Goyal given additional charge of Finance Ministry
Minister of Railways Piyush Goyal has been assigned to temporarily hold the portfolios of Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs during the period of the indisposition of Arun Jaitley.
2018 Current Affairs Download – Click Here
2018 Current Affairs Quiz Download – Click Here