Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Schemes
Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karyakram:
- It is a flagship programme to enable youth to realise their potential.
- This umbrella scheme consolidates Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan NYKS), National Youth Corps (NYC), National Programme for Youth & Adolescent Development (NPYAD) and National Discipline Scheme (NDS), National Young Leaders Programme (NYLP).
Slum Yuva Daud:
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting flagged off the 5th Mega Slum YuvaDaud.
- It is a part of the Adopt Slum Campaign initiated by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- It aims to involve youngsters in constructive sporting events to keep them away from anti-social evils such as drug abuse and violence and to utilize their energy for development.
- It is a National Programme for Development of Sports, which aims to enable a pathway from schools to Olympics.
- Earlier the initiative focussed on infrastructure development, it will ensure all-round growth in its revamped form.
- Each athlete selected under the new scheme will get a scholarship of Rs. 5 lakh per annum for eight years.
- The government also aims to set up 20 universities across the country as hubs of sporting excellence.