Ministry of Tribal affairs Schemes
- The government has announced the setting up of Ekalavya Residential Schools to provide education to tribals in their local environment.
- Target – Ekalavya schools in every block with more than 50% ST population and at least 20,000 tribal persons by 2022.
- It will have special facilities for preserving local art and culture, besides providing training in sports and skill development.
- The Ekalavya Residential School Scheme isn‘t new. It has been around for many years now.
- However, the government has signalled in Budget 2018 that it wants to expand the scope.
Van Dhan Scheme
- It is an initiative for targeting livelihood generation for tribals by harnessing non-timber forest produce.
- Under the scheme, 10 Self Help Groups of 30 Tribal gatherers are being trained and provided with working capital to add value to the products, which they collect from the Jungle.
- It also aims at build upon the traditional knowledge & skill sets of tribals by adding technology & IT for value addition.
- It also focussed on setting-up of tribal community owned Van Dhan Vikas Kendras in predominantly forested tribal districts.
Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
- It is launched for the holistic development and welfare of tribal population in India by plugging the infrastructure gaps and lags in human development indices.
- The scheme focuses on
1. Provision for a better standard of living and quality of life
2. Improving access to and quality of education
3. Generating resources for long-term and sustainable growth
4. Bridging infrastructural gaps
5. Protection of tribal culture and heritage.
Young Entrepreneurs of TRIFED
- Young Entrepreneur Development Programme of TRIFED plans to expand sale operations by empanelling young sales men/women.
- These sales people will undertake house to house campaign for sale of tribal products.
- They will be paid a commission of 10% on net sales.
- By this revamped plan every tribal products will have a Tribal Craft Mark in form of hologram/ label/tag for its genuineness and authenticity.
Download Government Schemes in India Study Material