It is launched for the holistic development and welfare of tribal population in India by plugging the infrastructure gaps and lags in human development indices.
The scheme focuses on
1. Provision for a better standard of living and quality of life
2. Improving access to and quality of education
3. Generating resources for long-term and sustainable growth
4. Bridging infrastructural gaps
5. Protection of tribal culture and heritage.
Young Entrepreneurs of TRIFED
Young Entrepreneur Development Programme of TRIFED plans to expand sale operations by empanelling young sales men/women.
These sales people will undertake house to house campaign for sale of tribal products.
They will be paid a commission of 10% on net sales.
By this revamped plan every tribal products will have a Tribal Craft Mark in form of hologram/ label/tag for its genuineness and authenticity.