Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Schemes
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- It is an outcome based skill certification scheme implemented by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- The objective is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
- Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Training and Assessment fees are completely paid by the Government.
- The Various components are short term training, recognition of prior learning, special projects, kaushal and rozgarmela, placement guidelines and monitoring guidelines.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra
- India’s first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) for Skilling in Smart Cities was recently launched.
- It was established by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
- It aims to provide skill training for unemployed youth through its short-term training (STT) module and contribute to the capacity building of municipal employees through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) program.
- It signifies integration and convergence approach towards the Skill India Mission and the Smart City Mission.
- The programme aims to provide skills training and enhance the employability of unemployed youth of J&K.
- The scheme covers graduates, post graduates and three year engineering diploma holders.
- The key stakeholders are Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), State Government (Jammu & Kashmir), Corporates and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
UDAAN (Giving Wings to Girl Students)
- Another scheme of the same name is implemented by HRD.
- This project aims at addressing the lower enrollment of girls in engineering colleges/IITs and technological institutions.
- It involves training 1000 selected girl students to compete for admission at premier Engineering colleges in India by providing course in an online and offline format.
- The girl students enrolled in classes XI of KVs/NVs/other Government run Schools affiliated to any Board in India are eligible for the Scheme.
SANKALP and STRIVE
- Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) aimed at providing market relevant training to youths across the country.
- Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) aimed at improving the quality and the market relevance of vocational training provided in ITIs.
- Both Schemes are under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and supported by World Bank loan assistance.
- The two schemes will help in setting up national body for vocational education – Vocational Education and Training (VET).
- VET shall regulate accreditation and certification in both long and short term thereby bringing about uniformity in vocational training.
- SANKALP is a centrally sponsored scheme and STRIVE is a central sector scheme.
Download Government Schemes in India Study Material