Ministry of Power Schemes
Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana
- DDUGJY is the flagship programme of Ministry of Power to provide 24X7 power supply to rural areas.
- It focuses on feeder separation (rural households & agricultural) and strengthening of sub-transmission & distribution infrastructure including metering at all levels in rural areas.
- This will help in providing round the clock power to rural households and adequate power to agricultural consumers.
- Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY) has been subsumed in it.
- Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) – It isto provide 24×7 power supply in the urban area.
- Remote Village Electrification Programme (RVEP) is a scheme implemented by Ministry of New & Renewable energy in various states to provide basic lighting through Renewable Energy Sources in unelectrified villages and hamlets of electrified census villages.
National LED Programme
- It is to ensure promotion of energy efficiency in the country.
- It has two components – Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) and Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP).
- DELP – UJALA Scheme was launched to provide LED bulbs to domestic consumers.
- SLNP – It aims to replace conventional street light with smart and energy efficient LED street lights by March, 2019.
- The project is funded by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a Public Energy Services Company under the administration of the Union Ministry of Power.
- Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All is an energy efficiency scheme to promote efficient lighting, enhance awareness on using efficient equipment which reduce electricity bills and help preserve environment.
- LED bulbs at 40% of the market price will be distributed to every grid connected consumer.
- It is implemented by the Electricity Distribution Company and Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
India Energy Efficiency Scale-Up Programme
- Government of India and the World Bank has signed $300
million agreement for the India Energy Efficiency Program.
- The program is being implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
- It will help scale up the deployment of energy-saving measures in residential and public sectors.
- Under the scheme, EESL will deploy LED bulbs, tubelights, ceiling fans and street lights which will be supplied by the private sector.
- It will help schemes such as UJALA and Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP).
- This programme will help India meet its Nationally Determined Contributions under the Paris accord.
- India has set the target of avoiding additional generation capacity of 19.6 GW under National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency target.
- Investments from the World Bank will help to achieve the above target and avoid lifetime greenhouse gas emissions.
Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana
- UDAY is to provide financial and operational turnaround of power distribution companies andaims at long term affordable and accessible 24×7 power supply to all.
- It has target of making all DISCOMs profitable by 2018-19 through four initiatives such as Improving operational efficiencies of Discoms, Reduction of cost of power, Reduction in interest cost of Discoms, Enforcing financial discipline on DISCOMs through alignment with state finances.
- Under this programme, States shall take over 75% of DISCOM debt over two years i.e 50% of DISCOM debt shall be taken over in 2015-16 and 25% in 2016-17.
- Government of India will not include the debt taken over by the states as per the above scheme in the calculation of fiscal deficit of respective states in the financial years 2015-16 and 2016-17.
- States will issue non-SLR including SDL bonds in the market or directly to the respective banks / financial institutions (FIs) holding the DISCOM debt to the appropriate extent.
- DISCOM debt not taken over by the state shall be converted by the banks / FIs into loans or bonds.
- URJA MITRA App, which was launched recently by the Ministry of Power, empowers citizens by real time information sharing on power supply.
- The application provides a central platform, Web-Portal as well as Mobile App, for State Power Distribution utilities to disseminate power outage information to urban/rural power consumers across India through SMS/email/push notifications.
- Merit Order Despatch of Electricity for Rejuvenation of Income and Transparency is a portal that has been developed in association with POSOCO and Central Electricity Authority.
- It displays extensive array of information regarding the merit order of Electricity procured by States such as daily source-wise power purchases of respective states/UTs.
- Information available in the Portal shall help State Discoms to optimize their power procurement in more efficient way leading to lower cost of power to consumers.
Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana
- The Scheme aims to provide last mile electrical connectivity to all rural and urban households.
- It will provide subsidy on equipment like transformers, meters and wires.
- The government has set the target of providing 24X7 power for all by 2019.
- Energy COnservation – New Indian Way for Affordable & Sustainable homes is an online portal recently unveiled on the occasion of Energy Conservation Day (14th December)
- It is for increasing awareness to build sustainable and energy efficient homes in the country.
- It is developed by Bureau of Energy Efficiency, a statutory body under Ministry of Power.
National Power Portal
- It is a centralized platform for collation and dissemination of Indian power sector information.
- It act as the single point interface for all Power Sector Apps launched previously by the Ministry, like TARANG, UJALA, VIDYUT PRAVAH, GARV, URJA, MERIT.
- It has been designed and developed to disseminate analyzed information about the sector through GIS enabled navigation and visualization chart windows.
- NPP is integrated with associated systems of Central Electricity Authority (CEA), Power Finance Corporation (PFC), Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) and other major utilities.
- It would serve as single authentic source of power sector information to apex bodies.
- The Nodal Agency for implementation of NPP and its operational control is CEA.