Ministry Of Mines Schemes
Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana
- It is a programme launched to provide for the welfare of areas and people affected by mining related operations.
- The main objective is to minimize/mitigate the adverse impacts, during and after mining, on the environment, health and socio-economic conditions of people in mining districts and also to ensure sustainable livelihood for the affected people.
- The beneficiaries include people living in directly affected areas and displaced family under the Land Acquisition Act.
- It is implemented by the District Mineral Foundations (DMFs) of the respective districts using the funds accruing to the DMF from miners.
- District Mineral Foundation (DMF) is a trust set up under Mines and Minerals (Development & Regulation) Amendment Act, (MMDRA) 2015 as a non-profit body in those districts affected by the mining works.
- The DMFs have been directed to take all major decision in a participatory mode, in consultation with the ̳gram sabhas‘ of the respective villages and activities taken under “polluter pays principle” cannot be included under PMKKY.
- 60% of the funds will be utilised for high priority areas such as Drinking water supply, health care, sanitation, education, skill development, women and child care, welfare of aged and disabled people and environment
- 40% of the fund will be utilised for physical infrastructure, irrigation, energy and watershed development.
- Sudoor Drishti – It is a project launched by the Indian Bureau of Mines in collaboration with National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) and Department of Space for monitoring of Mining activity through satellite.
- Bhuvan based services will be used for the monitoring of periodic changes of the mining areas within mining lease boundary and development of mobile app for field data collection to verify the ground realities.
- TAMRA – Transparency, Auction Monitoring and Resource Augmentation (TAMRA) is a web portal and mobile application, to streamline the process of various statutory clearances required for mining operations.
- It will display block-wise, state-wise and mineral-wise information of the blocks to be auctioned.