Ministry of Labour & Employment Schemes
Deendayal Upadhyay Shramev Jayate Karyakram:
- The scheme is launched to provide conducive environment for industrial development.
- Various initiatives under the scheme includes –
- Shram Suvidha Portal –
- Allocation of Unique labour identification number (LIN) to labour to facilitate online registration.
- This portal will help timely redressal of grievances.
- Single Harmonized Form to make filing complaints simple.
- Filing of self-certified and simplified Single Online Return by the industry.
- Labour inspector to upload inspection report within 72 hours.
- Random Labour Inspection scheme – A computerized list of inspections will be generated randomly to reduce inspector raj. Inspector has to upload report within 72 hours
- Universal Account Number (UAN) for Employee Provident Fund (EPF) –
- An UAN is allotted to EPF subscribers to make Provident Fund account more portable and universally accessible by centrally compiling & digitizing their information.
- The portability of the Social Security Benefits to the labour of organised sector across the jobs and geographic areas will be ensured.
- Apprenticeship ProtsahanYojana –
- It envisages on imparting on-the-job training to apprentices.
- Government will reimburse 50 percent of stipend paid by employers to increase employability of youth by giving them skills.
- Revamped Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana – Introduction of convergence of social security schemes namely AamAdmiBimaYojna and National Old Age Penskion Scheme on RSBY smart card through improved IT framework.
- Platform for Effective Enforcement for No Child Labour is an electronic platform for no child labour developed by the Labour Ministry.
- The portal creates a robust implementing and monitoring mechanism for enforcement of the legislative provisions of National Child Labour Policy (NCLP).
- Since the subject of labour is in the concurrent list, the enforcement of the policy depends on respective state governments.
- This online portal aims to connect the Centre to the state government, district and to all project societies for effective implementation of NCLP.
- The portal has a component of child tracking system.
Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana:
- It is to promote/incentivize employment generation.
- Central Government will be paying the 8.33% EPS contribution of the employer for the new employment.
- All industries registered with Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) can apply for availing benefits under the scheme.
- It is targeted for employees earning wages less than Rs. 15,000/- per month.
- The scheme will be in operation for a period of 3 years and GOI will continue to pay and all new eligible employees will be covered till 2019-20.
National Career Service Project:
- It is implemented as a mission mode project to provide a variety of employment related services like career counselling, vocational guidance, information on skill development courses, apprenticeship, internships etc
- It has a rich repository of career content of over 3000 occupations.
- The NCS project has also been enhanced to interlink all employment exchanges with the NCS Portal so that services can be delivered online.
- The scheme provides for part funding to states for IT up gradation and minor refurbishing of employment exchanges and for organizing job fairs.
Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna:
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation under Ministry of Labour and Employment has recently rolled out Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna.
- The scheme covers Insured Persons (IP) covered under the Employees‘ State Insurance Act, 1948.
- It aims to provide cash relief to unemployed insured person.
- The relief will be payable in cash directly to their Bank Account in case of unemployment and while they search for new engagement.