Ministry of Home Affairs Schemes
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems
- It is a Mission Mode Project (MMP) under the National e-Governance Plan of Govt. of India.
- It is aimed to create a comprehensive and integrated system for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of Police.
- A nationwide networked infrastructure for evolution of IT-enabled state-of-the-art tracking system around ―investigation of crime and detection of criminals‖ will be created to automate police functions at police Station and higher levels.
- It will also create facilities and mechanism to provide public services like registration of online complaints, ascertaining the status of case registered at the police station, verification of persons etc.
Bharat ke Veer
- It is an online portal in which anyone can make fiscal contributions to the families of martyrs of the CAPF.
- CAPF includes Assam rifles (AR), Border security force (BSF), National security guards(NSG), Central industrial security force (CISF), Central reserve police force (CRPF) , Indo-Tibetan border police force (ITBT), National disaster response force (NDRF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
- Through this portal one can donate directly to individual Martyrs account ( max of Rs.15 lakhs) or may donate to the Bharat Ke Veer corpus fund.
- Bharat Ke Veer corpus would be managed by a committee made up of eminent persons and senior government officials, in equal number, who would decide to disburse the fund equitably to the families on need basis.
Operation Muskaan/Operation Smile
- The main aim of the programme is to prevent child trafficking and rescue children from persons who try to engage them in begging, sexual trade and other antisocial activities.
- Specially trained police teams would screen all children residing in shelter homes, railway platforms, bus stands, roads and religious places.