Ministry of Food Processing Industries Schemes
Mega Food Parks
- The Scheme aims at providing a mechanism to link agricultural production to the market by bringing together farmers, processors and retailers
- The food parks aims to ensure maximizing value addition, minimizing wastage, increasing farmers‘ income and creating employment opportunities particularly in rural sector.
- It is based on “Cluster” approach and envisages a well-defined processing zone containing state-of-the art processing facilities with support infrastructure and well-established supply chain.
- Pattern of Assistance –
- In General areas – One time capital grant of 50% of the project cost subject to a maximum of Rs.50 crore.
- In Hilly & Difficult terrain – Capital grant of 75% of the project cost subject to a maximum of Rs. 50 crore
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
- It is a Central Sector Scheme that aims to supplement agriculture, modernize processing and decrease Agriculture waste.
- It was previously known as Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters (SAMPADA).
- The following schemes will be implemented under it
- Mega Food Parks
- Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
- Creation/ Expansion of Food Processing/ Preservation Capacities (Unit Scheme)
- Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters
- Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure
- Human Resources and Institutions