Ministry of Defence Schemes
Make II Scheme:
- Make II Scheme corresponds to Make in India initiative in Defence production.
- The provision of ‘Make’ category in Defence procurement Procedure is a pillar for realising the vision behind Make in India.
- Make Scheme fosters indigenous capabilities through design & development of required defence equipment/product/upgrades by both public and private sector industry in a faster time frame.
- Make I scheme is Government-funded and the projects under ̳Make-I‘ sub-category will involve Government funding of 90%.
- Make II scheme is Industry-funded and the projects involve development of products/equipment for which no government funding will be provided for development purposes.
Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti:
- Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti (Power of Defence Knowledge) was launched to provide a boost to the IPR culture in indigenous defence industry.
- It aims at educating scientists and technologists in defence public sector undertakings and ordnance factories OFs to create more patents.
- A target has been set to train approximately 10,000 persons of OFs and DPSUs on IPR in the financial year 2018-19 under the mission.
- The Directorate General of Quality Assurance (DGQA) has been entrusted with the responsibility of coordinating and implementing the programme.
One Rank One Pension Scheme:
- The scheme promises equal pension to military personnel retiring in the same rank with the same length of service, regardless of the date of retirement.
- OROP would be fixed based on the calendar year 2013 as the average of minimum and maximum pension in 2013 and those drawing pensions above the average will be protected.
- Only those who retired before the plan kicked in would be entitled to OROP.
- Personnel who voluntarily retire will not be covered under the OROP scheme
- In future, the pension would be re-fixed every 5 years.
- The estimated cost to exchequer is expected to be Rs 8,000 to 10,000 crore and will increase in future.
- The government has proposed a review every five years.