Ministers of State
- Minister of State (MoS) is junior to Cabinet Minister.
- Each cabinet minister has Minister of State.
- Every MoS reports to either Cabinet Minister or Independent charge of ministry, they works in close coordination.
- MoS are not called to the Cabinet meetings.
- Besides the large box in which I was usually carried, the queen ordered a smaller one to be made for me, of about twelve feet square, and ten high, for the convenience of travelling; because the other was somewhat too large for Glumdalclitch’s lap, and cumbersome in the coach; it was made by the same artist, whom I directed in the whole contrivance. This travelling-closet was an exact square, with a window in the middle of three of the squares, and each window was latticed with iron wire on the outside, to prevent accidents in long journeys. On the fourth side, which had no window, two strong staples were fixed, through which the person that carried me, when I had a mind to be on horseback, put a leathern belt, and buckled it about his waist. This was always the office of some grave trusty servant, in whom I could confide, whether I attended the king and queen in their progresses, or were disposed to see the gardens, or pay a visit to some great lady or minister of state in the court, when Glumdalclitch happened to be out of order; for I soon began to be known and esteemed among the greatest officers, I suppose more upon account of their majesties’ favour, than any merit of my own. In journeys, when I was weary of the coach, a servant on horseback would buckle on my box, and place it upon a cushion before him; and there I had a full prospect of the country on three sides, from my three windows. I had, in this closet, a field-bed and a hammock.
S.No MINISTRY MINISTER OF STATE CONSTITUENCY MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT 1 Parliamentary Affairs, Statistics, Programme Implementation Vijay Goel Rajasthan Rajya Sabha 2 Finance, Shipping Radhakrishnan P Kanyakumari, Tamilnadu Lok Sabha 3 Drinking Water and Sanitation S. S. Ahluwalia Darjeeling, West Bengal Lok Sabha 4 Drinking Water and Sanitation Ramesh Chandappa Jigajinagi Bijapur, Karnataka Lok Sabha 5 Social Justice and Empowerment Ramdas Athawale Maharashtra Rajya Sabha 6 Steel Vishnu Deo Sai Raigarh, Chhattisgarh. Lok Sabha 7 Rural Development Ram Kripal Yadav Pataliputra, Bihar Lok Sabha 8 Home Affairs Hansraj Gangaram Ahir Chandrapur, Maharashtra Lok Sabha 9 Mines and Coal Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary Banaskantha, Gujarat Lok Sabha 10 Railways Rajen Gohain Nowgong, Assam Lok Sabha 11 External Affairs General (Retd ) V K Singh Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. Lok Sabha 12 Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Panchayati Raj Parshottam Rupala Gujarat Rajya Sabha 13 Social Justice and Empowerment Krishan Pal Faridabad,Haryana Lok Sabha 14 Tribal Affairs Jaswantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor Dahod, Gujarat Lok Sabha 15 Finance Shiv Pratap Shukla Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha 16 Health and Family Welfare Ashwini Kumar Choubey Buxar, Bihar Lok Sabha 17 Tribal Affairs Sudarshan Bhagat Lohardaga, Jharkhand Lok Sabha 18 Human Resource Development Upendra Kushwaha Karakat, Bihar Lok Sabha 19 Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju Arunachal West, Arunachal Pradesh Lok Sabha 20 Women and Child Development, Minority Affairs Dr. Virendra Kumar Tikamgarh, Madhya Pradesh Lok Sabha 21 Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Anantkumar Hegde Uttara Kannada, Karnataka Lok Sabha 22 External Affairs M. J. Akbar Madhya Pradesh Rajya Sabha 23 Food Processing Industries Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti Fatehpur, Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha 24 Science and Technology, Earth Sciences Y. S. Chowdary Andhra Pradesh Rajya Sabha 25 Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha Hazaribagh, Jharkhand Lok Sabha 26 Heavy Industries, Public Enterprises Babul Supriyo Asanol, Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha 27 Social Justice and Empowerment Vijay Sampla Hoshiarpur, Punjab Lok Sabha 28 Parliamentary Affairs, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Arjun Ram Meghwal Bikaner constituency, Rajasthan Lok Sabha 29 Textiles Ajay Tamta Almora, Uttrakhand Lok Sabha 30 Agriculture, Farmers Welfare Krishna Raj Shahjahanpur seat, Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha 31 Road Transport, Highways, Shipping Chemicals and Fertilizers Mansukh L Mandaviya Gujarat Rajya Sabha 32 Health and Family Welfare Anupriya Patel Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha 33 Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Commerce and Industry C. R. Chaudhary Nagaur, Rajashthan Lok Sabha 34 Law and Justice, Corporate Affairs P. P. Chaudhary Pali, Rajashthan Lok Sabha 35 Defence Subhash Ramrao Bhamre Dhule, Maharashtra Lok Sabha 36 Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Gajendra Singh Shekhawat Jodhpur, Rajashthan Lok Sabha 37 Human Resource Development, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Dr. Satya Pal Singh Sumawali, Madhya Pradesh Lok Sabha
Ministers of State (Independent Charge)
- A Minister of State with independent charge is a minister without an overseeing Cabinet Minister in the State or Union Government of India.
- He himself is in charge of his ministry.
- Moreover such ministers can take part in cabinet meetings on important issues.
- The king’s palace is no regular edifice, but a heap of buildings, about seven miles round: the chief rooms are generally two hundred and forty feet high, and broad and long in proportion. A coach was allowed to Glumdalclitch and me, wherein her governess frequently took her out to see the town, or go among the shops; and I was always of the party, carried in my box; although the girl, at my own desire, would often take me out, and hold me in her hand, that I might more conveniently view the houses and the people, as we passed along the streets. I reckoned our coach to be about a square of Westminster-hall, but not altogether so high: however, I cannot be very exact. One day the governess ordered our coachman to stop at several shops, where the beggars, watching their opportunity, crowded to the sides of the coach, and gave me the most horrible spectacle that ever a European eye beheld. There was a woman with a cancer in her breast, swelled to a monstrous size, full of holes, in two or three of which I could have easily crept, and covered my whole body. There was a fellow with a wen in his neck, larger than five wool-packs; and another, with a couple of wooden legs, each about twenty feet high. But the most hateful sight of all, was the lice crawling on their clothes. I could see distinctly the limbs of these vermin with my naked eye, much better than those of a European louse through a microscope, and their snouts with which they rooted like swine. They were the first I had ever beheld, and I should have been curious enough to dissect one of them, if I had had proper instruments, which I unluckily left behind me in the ship, although, indeed, the sight was so nauseous, that it perfectly turned my stomach.
|S.No||MINISTRY||MINISTER OF STATE||CONSTITUENCY||MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT|
|1||Planning, Chemicals and Fertilizers||Rao Inderjit Singh||Gurgaon in Haryana||Lok Sabha|
|2||Labour and Employment||Santosh Kumar Gangwar||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh||Lok Sabha|
|3||Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH)||Shripad Yesso Naik||North Goa||Lok Sabha|
|4||Development of North Eastern Region (Independent Charge), Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space||Dr. Jitendra Singh||Udhampur, Jammu Kashmir||Lok Sabha|
|5||Culture, Environment, Forest and Climate Change||Dr. Mahesh Sharma||Gautam Buddh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh||Lok Sabha|
|6||Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises||Giriraj Singh||Nawada, bihar||Lok Sabha|
|7||Communications, Railways||Manoj Sinha||Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh||Lok Sabha|
|8||Youth Affairs and Sports, Information and Broadcasting||Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore||Jaipur Rural, Rajasthan||Lok Sabha|
|9||Power and New and Renewable Energy||Shri Raj Kumar Singh||Arrah, bihar||Lok Sabha|
|10||Housing, Urban Affairs||Hardeep Singh Puri||Uttar Pradesh||Rajya Sabha|
|11||Tourism, Electronics and Information Technology||Alphons Kannanthanam||Rajasthan||Rajya Sabha|
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|