May 1 – International Labour Day
2018 Theme – Uniting Workers for Social and Economic Advancement
- Maharashtra & Gujarat Statehood Day – May 1
Sindhudurg Airport will be a boost for Aviation Sector in Maharashtra
- Maharashtra will get a new airport at ParuleChipi in Sindhudurg district in September 2018.
Award for messiah of the poor
- Syed Usman Azhar Maqsusi, a city-based activist, was awarded the 27th Yudhvir Foundation Award which carries a cash prize of Rs.1 lakh for his contribution towards feeding and educating the underprivileged sections in the city.
Kerala becomes Nokkukooli-free
- The State government decision to abolish `nokkukooli’ (extortion without doing any work) by headload workers and ensure freedom to engage workers in those sectors exempted from the purview of the Headload Workers Act would come into force on 01.05.2018.
Restrictions near eco zone eased
- The government has eased infrastructure-development restrictions in the Bhagirathi river eco-sensitive zone, a 100-kilometre stretch between Gaumukh and Uttarkashi in Uttarakhand.
- The notification makes way for development projects for the marquee Char Dham project.
President of India to present visitor’s award for Research and for Technology Development
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, will present Visitor’s Award for Research in the field of Basic and Applied Science and in the field of Humanities, Arts, Social Science and Technology Development at Rashtrapati Bhavan on May 2, 2018.
GST Revenue collection in the month of April 2018 exceeds Rs. 1 Lakh Crore
- The total revenue earned by the Central Government and the State Governments after settlement in the month of April, 2018 is Rs.32,493 crore for CGST and Rs.40,257 crore for the SGST.
9th India-Japan Energy Dialogue
- The 9th India Japan Energy Dialogue was held in New Delhi on 01.05.2018.
- Both Japan and India, as the third and the seventh largest economies respectively, recognized that having access to reliable, clean and economical energy is critical for their economic growth.
- In achieving this, both Ministers agreed on further strengthening of bilateral energy cooperation for energy development of both countries, while also contributing to worldwide energy security, energy access and climate change issues.
NDMA to conduct workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction database
- The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) is conducting a two-day National Workshop on Data Requirements for Disaster Risk Reduction Database.
- The workshop is being held in collaboration with United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR).
Pharma exports climb to $17.25 bn
- Pharmaceutical exports from India, a key component of the country’s foreign trade basket, are estimated to have grown to $17.25 billion in the financial year ended March 31 or almost 2.5% higher than the previous fiscal.
Foreign Exchange Earnings (in rupee terms) through tourism in India register good growth in March 2018
- The growth rate in FEEs in rupee terms in March 2018 over March 2017 was 9%, compared to the growth of 13.0% in March 2017 over March 2016.
Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2011-12=100) March, 2018
- The Eight Core Industries comprise 27 per cent of the weight of items included in the Index of Industrial Production (IIP).
- The combined Index of Eight Core Industries stands at 0 in March, 2018, which was 4.1 per cent higher as compared to the index of March, 2017.
- For more details click here www.pib.nic.in/PressReleseDetail.aspx?PRID=1530906.
Shahzar Rizvi ranked World No. 1 in ISSF World rankings
- India’s 10m air pistol shooter Shahzar Rizvi on Tuesday grabbed the 1 spot in ISSF World rankings, riding on his silver medal-winning performance in the World Cup in Changwon, Korea.
- Subhash Chandra Khuntia – New Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) chairman.
- Sitanshu Ranjan Kar – Director General of Press Information Bureau.
- Major General Annakutty Babu – Additional Director General, Military Nursing Service (MNS).