IMPORTANT AWARDS IN INDIA
- Major Prestigious awards of India which are being conferred by the government of India can be classified in different categories. The broad categories of these awards are Civilian Awards, Gallantry Awards, Sports Awards, Literature Awards and Peace and Leadership Awards.
- Award is recognition of excellence achieved by an individual or a group of people for their marvelous job in a particular field. Award is given in the form of a title, certificate, medals, trophy etc. In India, highest civilian awards are Bharat Ratna which is followed by Padma Vibhushan, Padma bhushan and Padma Shri in the last.
- Award is recognition of excellence achieved by an individual or a group of people for their marvelous job in a particular field. Award is given in the form of a,title,certificate, trophy etc. Generally, awards are given by an organization or a government body.
This is the highest Civilian Award in India which can be conferred to any person without the distinction of Race, Religion, Occupation or Sex. Recipients receive a Sanad (certificate) signed by the President and a peepal-leaf–shaped medallion. There is no monetary grant (money) associated with the award.
Important Facts about Bharat Ratna Award
1. It is instituted in 1954.
2. This award was originally limited to achievements in the arts, literature, science, and public services, but the government expanded the criteria to include “any field of human Endeavour” in 2011.
3. The recommendations for the Bharat Ratna are made by the Prime Minister to the President, with a maximum of three nominees being awarded per year.
4. Madan Mohan Malaviya, Atal Bihari Vajpayee are the latest recipient of Bharat Ratna 2015.
Padma Awards and exceptional achievements/service in all fields of activities/disciplines, such as Art, Literature and Education, Sports, Medicine, Social Work, Science and Engineering, Public Affairs, Civil Service, Trade and Industry etc. Normally, Padma Awards are not conferred posthumously.
1. Padma Vibhushan is the 2nd highest civilian award & is conferred “for exceptional and distinguished service” in any field including government service.
|1||Civilian Awards||Bharat Ratna||This award is the highest civilian award of India and is conferred for achievements in the fields of:Science,Literature,Arts,Public services,Sports. Mother Teresa was the first naturalized Indian citizen of Bharat Ratna Award Winner in 1980|
|Padma Vibhushan||The Padma Vibhushan is given for exceptional and distinguished service in any field including service rendered by the government servants.A few eminent personalities who received this award are Zakhir Hussain, V K Menon, Sachin Tendulkar, Shri Sharad Pawar and more.|
|Padma Bhushan||A few well-known people who have received this award are Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Devi Prasad Dwivedi, Swami Niranjana Nanda Saraswat and several others.|
|Padma Shri||Padma, meaning lotus in Sanskrit, and Shri, a Sanskrit-derived honorific equivalent to 'Mr.' or 'Ms.' (ie., "Noble One in Blossom"), appear in Devanagari above and below a lotus flower.|
|2||Gallantry Awards||Param Vir Chakra||Param Vir Chakra is awarded for most conspicuous bravery or some daring or pre-eminent act of valor or self-sacrifice, in the presence of the enemy, whether on land, at sea, or in the air.The name of the award means the “Wheel of the Ultimate Brave”.|
|Ashoka Chakra||Ashoka Chakra is awarded for most conspicuous bravery or some act of daring or pre-eminent act of valor or self-sacrifice otherwise than in the face of the enemy.|
|Mahavir Chakra||Maha Vir Chakra is awarded for acts of conspicuous gallantry in the presence of the enemy whether on land, at sea or in the air.Also, it replaced the British Distinguished Service Order (DSO).|
|Kirti Chakra||Kirti Chakra is awarded for conspicuous gallantry otherwise than in the face of the enemy.the award was known as the Ashoka Chakra, Class II V before 1967.|
|Vir Chakra||Vir Chakra is awarded for acts of gallantry in the presence of the enemy, whether on land or at sea or in the air.Moreover, it replaced the British Distinguished Service Cross (DSC), Military Cross (MC) and Distinguished Flying Cross (DFC).|
|Shaurya Chakra||Shaurya Chakra is awarded for gallantry otherwise than in the face of the enemy.The award was known as Ashoka Chakra, Class III before 1967.|
|3||Literature awards||Jnanpith Award||The Jnanpith Award is an Indian literary award presented annually by the Bharatiya Jnanpith to an author for their "outstanding contribution towards literature".The nominations for the award are received from various literary experts, teachers, critics, universities, and numerous literary and language associations.|
|Sahitya Akademi Award||The award, India's National Academy of Letters, annually confers on writers of the most outstanding books of literary merit published in any of the major Indian languages|
|Bhasha Samman||Like the Sahitya Akademi Awards, Bhasha Samman too comprise a plaque and a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000(from 2009).The Sammans are given to 3-4 persons every year in different languages on the basis of recommendation of experts' committees constituted for the purpose.|
|Premchand Fellowship||Named after Hindi writer Premchand, the fellowship was started in 2005. It is given to persons of eminence in the field of Culture from SAARC countries.|
|4||Sports Awards||Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna||The Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna is the highest sports award given for most outstanding performance in the field of sports in India.As of 2017, all Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna recipients will receive Rs. 7.5 lakhs in cash, a citation and a medal.|
|Arjuna Award||This award is given to a sportsperson who has consistently exhibited outstanding performance for four years.All Arjuna Awardees receive a cash prize of Rs. 5 lakhs, a certificate, and statuettes.|
|Dronacharya Award||It is generally said that “Behind every successful man there is a woman”, one can also say that, “Behind every successful sportsperson there is a coach” Seeing the valuable contribution that coaches have in the sports field, the government of India decided to honour the coaches as well.Dronacharya Awardees are offered a cash prize of 5 lakh, certificate and statuette.|
|Dyanchand Award||The Dyanchand Award is given for lifetime contribution to sports development.This award is named after Major Dhyan Chand, an Indian hockey player who scored over 1000 goals during a career span of over 20 years.Dyanchand Awardees are offered a cash prize of 5 lakh, certificate and statuette.|
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|