Kerala Current Affairs – July 2018
In this we have given, July Month Kerala Current Affairs and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like Kerala PSC,UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all other Examinations.
Kerala Current Affairs – July 2018:
|Thiruvananthapuram||Pinarayi Vijayan||P. Sathasivam|
Fly Bus to operate from airports
- ‘Fly Bus’, the 42-seater air conditioned new bus service from the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) from Thiruvananthapuram, Cochin and Karipur International airports to the nearest cities, will commence operations from July 02.
Kerala to get official song, government sets up panel
- The Kerala government set up a panel comprising eminent writers and language experts to choose an official song ‘Kerala Ganam’ for the state.
Portable system to issue rail tickets
- A low-cost Portable Unreserved Ticketing System (P-UTS) has been developed by Southern Railway to eliminate printed card tickets and issue unreserved tickets.
EY plans business centre at Technopark
- Ernst & Young (EY) will set up a Global Managed Business Services Centre at Thiruvananthapuram Technopark campus.
Kerala poet invited to US varsity
- Chandramohan, a Dalit English poet from the State capital, has been invited to the 51st session of the International Writing Programme of the University of Iowa.
- Jack Fest – 2018, the second edition of the International Jackfruit Festival, organized jointly by the Department of Agriculture and the Kerala Agricultural University (KAU), began at the Regional Agricultural Research Station (RARS) at Ambalavayal in Wayanad district.
Indian Institute of Infrastructure and Construction (IIIC)
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will dedicate the Indian Institute of Infrastructure and Construction (IIIC) at Chavara to the nation on July 23
Kannur panchayat to offer free medicines to kidney patients
- The district panchayat here is planning to start a pharmacy to offer free medicines to patients who have undergone kidney transplantation.
After 150 years, a fish gets a scientific name
- The species, found in the Cauvery river, was recently christened Tor ramadevii, after noted ichthyologist K. Remadevi of the Zoological Survey of India.
Industrial clearance system to go online
- An online system for expediting the issuance of industrial clearances, Kerala Single Window Interface for Fast and Transparent Clearance (K-SWIFT) will go on stream by September.
Cashew sector gets a boost
- By giving public sector cashew factories a modern makeover, the government aims to accelerate production and ensure maximum working days for the labourers.
Transgenders too can get driving licence
- Continuing with its transgender-friendly initiatives in the State, the Motor Vehicles Department has decided to make available all services offered to citizens to transgenders as well.
Central fellowship for shadow puppetry artist
- Puppeteer Rajeev Pulavar has bagged a fellowship from the Union Ministry of Culture to study the bond between the art form and the Bharathapuzha.
New forensic tool to crack wildlife crime
- The government is preparing to introduce a new forensic technology to help enforcement agencies crack wildlife crimes and detect food adulteration.
First woman police battalion ready for service
- The Kerala Police will soon have an all-woman battalion.
For Daily Current Affairs Click Here
For Daily Current Affairs Oneliner Click Here