Karnataka Current Affairs – July 2018
In this we have given, July Month Karnataka Current Affairs and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like Karnataka PSC,UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all other Examinations.
Karnataka Current Affairs – July 2018:
|Bengaluru||H. D. Kumaraswamy||Vajubhai Vala|
Karnataka government urged to spend more on research on basic sciences
- The 11th Akhila Karnataka Vijnana Sammelana, a convention on science, concluded here on Sunday and saw the passing of a resolution demanding both the Union and State governments to promote study and research on basic sciences.The three-day event was organised by the Karnataka Rajya Vijnana Parishat.
Latest dental implant technology in KBN institute
- For the first time in Hyderabad Karnataka region, the latest dental implant technology will be inaugurated at Khaja Bande Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences in Kalaburagi. The new technology drastically reduces the duration of the treatment and helps avoid bone grafting procedures in case of severe bone loss.
Government plans to set up e-waste recycling unit in Bengaluru
- The central government’s Chemicals and Fertilizers Ministry intends to set up India’s first-ever, state-of-the-art e-waste recycling unit in Bengaluru. As India’s technology capital, Bengaluru produces an estimated one lakh tonne of electronic waste a year, according to an Economic Times report.
Information centre to create awareness on conservation
- A nature information centre established by the Nature Conservation Foundation focused on creating awareness among local communities that will benefit local communities, school & college students living on the fringes of the protected areas and forests, is set for inauguration at Yellemaala village of Kollegal taluk in Chamarajanagar district.
Aujas opens centre to help foil cyber attacks
- Aujas Networks, a cyber security firm has opened a ‘Security Operations Centre’ at Bengaluru that will help detect and respond to complex threats in real time.
1MW solar power plant at Hubballi Carriage Repair Workshop
- Hubballi Carriage Repair workshop has become the first location on Indian Railways where 1 MW power solar rooftop module has been commissioned at a single location other than station.
‘Train captains’ to ensure seamless on-board services
- The South Western Railway has introduced an integrated approach for delivery of services to passengers on long distance express and mail trains.
City police to groom children as ambassadors of traffic rules
- The police in Mysuru have embarked upon a new project to groom schoolchildren as ambassadors of traffic rules by renovating the Traffic Children’s Park on Mirza Road in Nazarbad and launching the ‘Awareness Through Little Hearts’ programme.
Incubation centre opened at KLE Technological University
- Minister for IT, BT, Science and Technology K.J. George inaugurated the ESDN/VLSI Incubation Centre at KLE Technological University.
Belagavi gets K-TECH Innovation Hub
- Minister for IT/BT and ST, Large and Medium Scale Industries, including Sugar, K.J. George inaugurated K-Tech Innovation Hub (K-TI Hubs) at Hanuman Nagar.
Inauguration of a new Manufacturing Facility for EVM Production
- Election Commissioner Shri Sunil Arora inaugurates a new Manufacturing Facility for EVM Production at Military communication Strategic Business Unit at Bharat Electronics Limited, Bangalore.
- Braille EPI Cards were also distributed for the First Time in Karnataka to Visually Impaired Voters.
Drone used to spray pesticide on areca farm
- A demonstration on the use of a drone to spray pesticide on an areca farm was held at Belegadde village in Koppa taluk.
A human face shaped museum
- A museum in the shape of a human face is coming up at the All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH), Mysuru to spread awareness on vocal and auditory functions, besides pathological/ dysfunctional conditions, and preventive measures.
Mysuru’s Trin Trin clocks over 10,000 registrations
- The country’s first public bicycle sharing (PBS) system Trin Trin has clocked 10,000 registrations.
Karnataka sees 300% jump in FDI inflows
- Karnataka registered the biggest increase in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) last year, as inflows from overseas jumped 300% in the 12 months ended March 2018.
Taiwanese company to invest Rs.3,000 crore in State
- Taiwan-based company Wistron Technologies has come forward to invest Rs.3,000 crore in Narasapura industrial area of Kolar.
Mysuru gets hi-tech air quality monitoring station
- The Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) has now developed the hi-tech air quality monitoring station on its premises in Hebbal.
Ballari is set to become open defecation-free by August 15
The Ballari Zilla Panchayat has taken up several programmes to ensure that the district is declared open defecation-free by August 15.
Deadline to mark Karnataka-A.P. boundary won’t be extended: SC
The Supreme Court has made it clear to the Survey of India (SoI) that the time granted by it for demarcation of the Inter-State Boundary (ISB) between Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh would not be extended beyond August 31.
For Daily Current Affairs Click Here
For Daily Current Affairs Oneliner Click Here