Karnataka Current Affairs – August 2018
In this we have given, August Month Karnataka Affairs and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all other Examinations.
Karnataka Affairs of August 2018 :
|Bengaluru||H. D. Kumaraswamy||Vajubhai Vala|
Five research centres coming up at AIISH
- Five exclusive research centres coming up on the All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH) Mysuru campus to boost research in the areas of communication and its disorders.
Launches pilot drone project
- Karnataka has now joined the ranks of States that are using unmanned aerial systems (UAS) or drones in governance. The State launched a pilot project under which drones will be used in agriculture, urban development and policing.
Yoga classes now a must in all Karnataka colleges, universities
- It will be mandatory for all colleges and universities across the State to ensure that yoga is taught in their institutions. This will apply to private colleges too.
Memorial to be inaugurated on August 9
- ‘Independent India – 70’, a memorial to commemorate the 70th Independence Day, by Mallasajjana Vyayamashala in front of Gandhi Bhavan here, will be inaugurated on August 9, coinciding with the Quit India Movement.
State’s first seawater desalination plant starts
- Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd., (MRPL), has begun preparatory work for the State’s first seawater reverse osmosis desalination plant land leased out by New Mangalore Port Trust (NMPT).
Cabinet approves loan waiver of up to Rs.1 lakh from coop. banks
- The State Cabinet approved waiver of short-term crop loans up to Rs.1 lakh borrowed from cooperative banks in the first phase.
Fall Armyworm infestation spreading across Karnataka
- The infestation of Fall Armyworm (Spodoptera frigeperda), an invasive agricultural pest that was first noticed in Shivamogga district in May this year, is spreading at an alarming pace in Karnataka.
Second fastest growing airport in world
- The Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) has emerged as the second fastest growing airport in the world in the first half of 2018 in terms of actual growth in number of passengers.
India Post Payment Bank to be launched on Sept. 1
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), a subsidiary of India Post, will have its presence in Dakshina Kannada from September 1.
For Daily Current Affairs : Click Here
For Daily Current Affairs Oneliner : Click Here