JDU’s Harivansh Narayan Singh elected as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman. National Democratic Alliance candidate and Janata Dal MP Harivansh Narayan Singh has been elected as Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha by Voice vote. This is the second time that he has been elected as the deputy chairman of the House.
The Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha presides over the proceedings of the Rajya Sabha in the absence of the Chairman of the Rajya Sabha. The Deputy Chairman is elected internally by the Rajya Sabha.
The Deputy Chairman have the same power as the Chairman when presiding over the Council and all references to the Chairman in these rules shall in these circumstances be deemed to be, references to any such person so presiding.
About Rajya Sabha:
The Rajya Sabha or Council of States is the upper house of the bicameral Parliament of India.
- It currently has a maximum membership of 245, of which 233 are elected by the legislatures of the states and union territories using single transferable votes through Open Ballot.
- The President can appoint 12 members for their contributions to art, literature, science, and social services.
- Chairman: M. Venkaiah Naidu
1) Who is the chairman of Rajya Sabha? – Vice President
2) Rajya Sabha enjoys more power than the Lok Sabha in case of? – Setting up of new All India Services
3) The tenure of the Rajya Sabha is? – Permanent
4) What is the term of a member of the Rajya Sabha? – 6 years
5) The Vice-President is the ex-officio Chairman of the? – Rajya Sabha
6) The Rajya Sabha is dissolved after? – Not subject to dissolution
7) The upper house of the Indian Parliament is known as? – Rajya Sabha
8) How many members are nominated by the President in the Rajya Sabha? – 12
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|