IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2020 – Last Date Extended to Apply Online for Engineer/Officer Vacancy on the official site. Indian Oil is looking for energetic and dedicated Graduate Engineers with bright academic record to join Organization as Engineers/Officers (DPE Pay Scale: E2 Level) from following Disciplines: a. Chemical Engineering b. Civil Engineering c. Electrical Engineering d. Mechanical Engineering Additionally, selection of few candidates from above disciplines shall also be done for engagement as Graduate Apprentice Engineers and offered lump sum monthly stipend for a period of one year and on the basis of their satisfactory performance during the apprenticeship period. Recruitment to the above-mentioned positions will be through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE – 2020). Candidates can know the notification details for this post and apply through online in our blog. Stay Active with us for further updates!!
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2020
|Name of the Board||Indian Oil Corporation Limited|
|Last Date to Apply||06.05.2020 24.05.2020|
|Status||Last Date Extended|
Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply. Interested candidates having required educational qualification, valid GATE 2020 marks and meeting eligibility criteria as per advertisement are eligible to apply for the Engineers/Officers position
Marks in GATE 2020
- Candidates have to essentially qualify in the GATE-2020 examination in Chemical (GATE 2020 code: CH) /Civil (GATE 2020 code: CE) /Electrical (GATE 2020 code: EE)/ Mechanical (GATE 2020 code: ME) engineering disciplines in order to be eligible to apply.
- GATE marks of previous years (2019 or before) shall not be accepted
Candidate should have a maximum of 26 years as on 30th June, 2020 for General and Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) category candidates.
Relaxation in upper age limit for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) candidates will be applicable against reserved posts as per the Presidential Directives.
Candidates need not pay any application fee to Indian Oil
Educational Qualification and Degree
- a) The candidate should have completed Full-time Bachelor Degree in Engineering (B.Tech. /BE. /Equivalent) in Chemical/ Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical from Institutions/ Colleges/ Universities/ Deemed Universities duly recognized by AICTE/UGC.
- b) Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they should be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August, 2020.
- c) Candidates who have completed/are pursuing Bachelor Degree in Engineering in any one of the following engineering disciplines are eligible to apply for the advertised positions : . i. Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals/Polymer/ Plastic Engineering but excluding Rubber/ Oil/ Paint Technology/ Surfactant Technology/Ceramics Engineering etc) ii. Civil Engineering (excluding Construction /Environmental/Transportation Engineering etc.) iii. Electrical Engineering (including Electrical & Electronics Engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Power Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering etc.) iv. Mechanical Engineering (excluding Automation/ Bio-medical Engineering/ Automobile/ Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Power/ Production Engineering/ Mining Engineering & Technology, Mining & Machinery/Marine Engineering/ Textile Engineering/ Robotics/ Welding etc.)
- d) Candidates pursuing/completed their graduation (BE/B.Tech) in combined/ integrated disciplines/ inter-disciplinary subjects like Mechatronics/ Robotics etc will not be eligible
- e) Above mentioned inclusions/exclusions in the engineering streams are indicative and not descriptive. The Corporation reserves the right to take a final decision on considering/not considering a program beyond the above-mentioned engineering disciplines.
Short listing Procedure
- a) Candidates have to essentially qualify in GATE-2020 in the relevant discipline to be eligible for short listing for Personal Interview (PI) & Group Discussion (GD)/ Group Task (GT).
- b) Eligible candidates will be shortlisted based on marks obtained by them in GATE2020 in respective discipline for further selection process consisting of PI and GD/GT.
- c) Short-listing will be based on merit of the candidates from different categories in line with the reservation policy of Government of India. Hence, merely qualifying in GATE-2020 examination does not guarantee short-listing for GD/GT and Personal Interview.
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of GATE-2020 marks, the candidates will be short listed for further selection process comprising of the following for assessment of different facets of candidate’s knowledge, skills, competencies etc.: i. Group Discussion (GD)/Group Task (GT) ii. Personal Interview (PI)
- Candidates will have to separately qualify in Group Discussion (GD)/Group Task (GT) and Personal Interview (PI) successfully to be eligible for merit listing.
- Final Merit list will be prepared based on the consolidated marks scored by the candidate in following:
- GATE-2020 marks
- PI Merit will be prepared category-wise for each discipline.
Candidates selected for Engineers/Officers will have a basic pay of Rs. 50,000/-per month. In addition, the selected candidates will receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation in force, and as amended from time to time.
Selected candidates will have to pay a bond as under to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining the corporation:
- Officers/ Engineers General – Rs. Three Lakhs only
- EWS/OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/ PwBD – Rs. Fifty Thousand only
- a) Candidates desirous of seeking employment with Indian Oil need to be medically fit as per Indian Oil’s pre-employment medical standards.
- b) Candidates are advised to go through the separately placed ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment Medical Examination’ before they commence filling the ONLINE application.
How to apply
Step 1; Go to official site @ https://www.iocl.com/
Step 2: In the official page, Click Latest Job Openings
Step 3: It will direct to that page and click Recruitment of Engineers/Officers and Engagement of Graduate Apprentice Engineers through GATE-2020
Step 4: Read the advertisement carefully and apply through online
Step 5: Candidates have to do the registration with valid Email ID & Mobile No and then submit the online application form for the concerned post with the registered email Isd on or before 24.05.2020
Step 6: Take a hard copy for future reference
Last Date Extended Details
We draw your kind attention towards our notification dated 07th April 2020 in respect of “Recruitment of Engineers/Officers and Engagement of Graduate Apprentice Engineers through GATE-2020” in Indian Oil Corporation Limited. The last date for submitting your online application for the aforesaid opening has been extended till mid-night of 24th May 2020 in wake of countrywide Lockdown imposed due to COVID-19. You are advised to go through the detailed advertisement placed on this portal before applying for the said position.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|