International Translation Day observes on September 30. Every year International Translation Day is observed on September 30. This day is celebrated with an objective to raise awareness about the translation profession and to pay tribute to the work of language professionals. This day is declared by United Nations.
International Translation Day 2020 theme is “Finding the words for a world in crisis”.
According to UN, International Translation Day is playing an important role in bringing nations together, contributing to development and strengthening world peace and security.
United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution 71/288 to proclaim 30 September as International Translation Day after considering the role of professionals in connecting nations and fostering peace, understanding and development. 30 September was chosen because this date celebrates the feast of St. Jerome, the Bible translator who is considered the patron saint of translators.
- President: Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founder: United Nations
1) International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste is observed on which date? – September 29
2) What is theme of World Heart Day which is celebrated on 29 September every year? – Use Heart to Beat: for society, your loved ones and you
3) What is the theme of International Translation Day 2019? – Translation and Indigenous Languages
4) UN General Assembly adopted a resolution 71/288 to proclaim 30 September as International Translation Day in which year? – 2017
5) Where is the headquarters of UNGA located? – New York, United States
6) The first official celebration of International Translation Day was held in which year? – 1991.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|