International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste – September 29. The United Nations General Assembly has observed every year International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste on September 29. This day is celebrated with an aim to reduce food loss and waste toward ensuring food security for all and particularly the most vulnerable, impacted by the coronavirus situation.
- International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste is adopted by The United Nations General Assembly
- The First IDAFLW on 29 September 2020, FAO issued a call to action for public authorities the private sector and individuals worldwide to promote innovation and technologies to tackle the problem of food loss and waste
- FAO estimates that, globally, nearly 14% of the food produced is lost between the collection and retail stages.
- FAO estimates that 38% of total energy consumption in the global food system is used to produce food that is lost or wasted.
About Food and Agriculture Organization:
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy
- Head: Qu Dongyu
- Founded: 16 October 1945
1) Headquarters of Food and Agriculture Organization located at – Rome, Italy
2) Food and Agriculture Organization Founded on which year? – 1945
3) Food and Agriculture Organization estimated that how much per cent of food produced is lost between the collection and retail stages? – 14%
4) World Heart Day is also celebrated on – September 29
5) What is the theme of World Heart Day? – Use Heart to Beat: for society, your loved ones and you
6) Every Year September 29 is celebrated as World Heart Day since – 2000
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|