INS Sindhuvir – India to handover Kilo Class Submarine to Myanmar Navy. India will hand over its Kilo Class Submarine named INS Sindhuvir to Myanmar Navy. This move is one of the part of India’s vision of SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region). This will be the first submarine of the Myanmar Navy.
About Kilo Class Submarine:
- A kilo class submarine is a class of diesel-electric attack submarines designed and built in the Soviet Union for the Soviet Navy. The first kilo-class submarine was inducted into service in the Soviet Navy in 1980.
- Previously, nearly 40 such submarines were exported to several countries including Algeria, India, Russia, Romania, China, Poland, Iran, and Vietnam.
- It belongs to a class of diesel-electric attack submarines built by the Soviet Union during the Cold War years.
- Capital: Naypyitaw
- President: Win Myint
- Currency: Burmese kyat
- SIMBEX is a joint military exercise by India and – Singapore
- India has begun Bongosagar and CORPAT Naval Exercises with which country? – Bangladesh
- Who is the Chief of Naval Staff? – Admiral Karambir Singh
- Indian Navy Day is observed on – December 04
- Nomadic Elephant is a joint military exercise of India and – Mangolia
- Where is the Defence Institute of Advanced Technology located? – Pune
- Name the Vice Chief of the Naval Staff? – G. Ashok Kumar
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|