Indian Navy conducts Sagar Kavach Coastal Security Exercise and Matla Abhiyan Exercise – Key Highlights. The Indian Navy which is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces along with Indian Coastal Guard has held a two-day coastal security exercise called “Sagar Kavach”. It is a half-yearly exercise to ensure coastal security mechanism and validate Standard Operating Procedure.
- The exercise was conducted along the coastal areas of Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshadweep.
- In the exercise 50 patrol crafts of the Coast Guard and 20 ships of the Indian Navy have participated.
- Two Indian boats undertook the patrol in the Sunderban Delta during the Matla Abhiyan
- The sailors interacted with the local fishermen spreading awareness about the coastal security, marine police stations.
Other forces that participated in the exercise are as follows:
- Fisheries Department
- Cochin Port
- Marine Enforcement Wing
- Coastal District Administration
- Intelligence Bureau
- Central Industrial Security Force
- Coast Guard
About Matla Abhiyan Exercise:
The exercise, named after Malta River, aims to interact with coastal communities to spread awareness on coastal security and understand the navigational complexities in the Sunderban deltaic waters.
Sagar Kavach Exercise:
‘Sagar Kavach’ is a half yearly exercise with an objective to check Coastal Security mechanism and validate Standard Operating Procedures.
About Indian Navy:
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh, PVSM, AVSM
- Founded: 26 January 1950
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Exercise Sea Vigil is a coastal defence exercise. It was first held in – 2019
- Indian Navy Day is observed on – December 04
- Sham No Varunah is the motto of – Indian Navy
- Sundarbans Delta is in which state? – West Bengal
- Nomadic Elephant is a joint military exercise of India and – Mangolia
- Where is the Defence Institute of Advanced Technology located? – Pune
- SIMBEX is a joint military exercise by India and – Singapore
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|