Indian Defence Current Affairs – October 2018
In this we have given, October Month Indian Defence Current Affairs and their other details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
Indian Defence Forces:
High level meeting between Indian and Vietnamese Coast Guards
- A High Level Meeting between Coast Guards of India and Vietnam was held at Coast Guard Headquarters under the provisions of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in 2015.
- The sixth edition of IBSAMAR, a joint Multi – National Maritime Exercise between the Indian, Brazilian and South African Navies, is being held at Simons Town, South Africa from 01 – 13 Oct 18.
Sahyog HOP TAC-2018
- Coast Guards of India, Vietnam hold Sahyog HOP TAC-2018 – joint exercise off Chennai aimed at strengthening the working level relationship between them.
Japan military joins historic Philippine war games “Kamandag”
- Japanese troops stormed a beach in the Philippines in joint exercises with US and Filipino troops marked the first time Tokyo’s armoured vehicles rolled on foreign soil since World War II, 1945.
NS Rana at South Korea to Participate in IFR
- INS Rana which is currently on Operational Deployment to the North West Pacific region in the pursuance of India’s Act East Policy, arrived Jeju, Repubic of Korea to participate in the International Fleet Review (IFR).
32nd India – Indonesia coordinated patrol (CORPAT)
- Indian Naval Ship Kulish, a Kora class missile corvette entered Belawan harbour, Indonesia for the opening ceremony of the 32nd edition of India – Indonesia coordinated patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT).
Goa Maritime Symposium – 2018
- The Goa Maritime Symposium – 2018, the second edition of the Goa Maritime Symposium (GSM) – a forum towards fostering friendly relations with the maritime neighbours – was inaugurated by the Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Sunil Lanba at INS Mandovi at Goa on 16th October 2018.
Newly inducted Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle (DSRV)
- The Indian Navy’s submarine rescue capabilities have got a boost with the successful maiden trials of its newly inducted Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle (DSRV).
China and ASEAN to hold joint naval exercises
- China and Southeast Asian Nations will hold their first joint maritime exercises next week. The navies of China and the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) will hold ASEAN-China Maritime Exercise in the South China Sea near the city of Zhanjiang.
Dharma Guardian- 2018
- India and Japan are all set to hold the first ever joint military exercise ‘DHARMA GUARDIAN-2018’ involving the Indian Army and Japan Ground Self Defence Force in India from 01 November to 14 November 2018.
- The Indian contingent will be represented by 6/1 GORKHA RIFLES.
India, Japan, U.S. plan joint air exercise
- India, Japan and the U.S. are set to elevate the bilateral ‘Cope India’ air exercise to a trilateral format. The three countries already conduct naval war games under the expanded Malabar naval exercise.
NATO’s biggest military maneuvers
- NATO’s biggest military maneuvers since the Cold War began in Norway.
Defence Pension Adalat
- A Defence Pension Adalat was conducted at Aundh Military Station, Pune, Maharashtra.
57th Raising Day Parade of ITBP
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh attended the 57th Raising Day Parade of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) at Greater Noida.
72nd Raising day of the Infantry battalion of the Indian Army in Ooty
- Special parade, march past and offering of wreaths were held at the Madras Regiment Training Centre, Wellington, Coonoor, Ooty, Tamil Nadu to commemorate the 72nd Raising day of the Infantry battalion of the Indian Army.
US military successfully tests ballistic missile intercept system
- The US military successfully shot down a medium-range ballistic missile in a test of a new interceptor system. It is co-developed with Japan.
2018 Current Affairs Download – Click Here