Indian Coast Guard 7th Offshore Patrol Vessel ‘Vigraha’ launched to enhance coastal security. The Indian Coast Guard (IGC) which is an Armed Force, Search and Rescue and Maritime Law Enforcement agency launched Seventh Offshore Patrol Vessel named Vigraha. The vessel was constructed by Larsen and Toubro (L&T), is the last in the series of seven OPVs (offshore patrol vessel) contracted to the company by the Ministry of Defence in 2015.
- The 98-metre long ship has a displacement of 2100 tons, which is capable of achieving a top speed of 26 knots
- It has an endurance of 5000 nautical miles and has the ability to stay at sea for 20 days without replenishment.
- Vigraha, also known as Yard-45007, is expected to be inducted into the Indian Coast Guard in March 2021.
- The ship has been designed to carry an integral Twin Engine Helicopter which can increase its operational, surveillance, search and rescue capability.
- Armed with a 30mm 2A42 Naval Gun and two 12.7mm guns, the ship would be utilized for day and night surveillance, besides anti-terror, anti-smuggling operations.
- CEO: S N Subrahmanyan
- Founded: 7 February 1938, Mumbai
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Parliament of India
- Founded: 18 August 1978
- Headquarters: Ministry of Defence, New Delhi
- Which among the following is an Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPV) for the Indian Coast Guard was launched and re-christened as Indian Coast Guard Ship? – Sarthak
- Name the Indian Coast Guard’s Offshore Patrol Vessel which has been commissioned by the Union Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) & Chemicals and Fertilizers Shri Mansukh Mandaviya? – ICGS Varad
- Where did the Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) ICGS ‘Kanaklata Barua’ of the Indian Coast Guard commission? – Kolkata
- From where was the new version of the surface-to-surface supersonic cruise missile BrahMos having a range of around 400 km test fired? – Balasore
- General PS Rajeshwar has commissioned the 103rd Landing Craft Utility (LCU) MK IV class vessel ‘INLCU L 57’ into the Indian Navy at which port? – Port Blair Port
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|