India successfully test fired indigenously developed Prithvi II Missile in Odisha Test Range. India has successfully test fired the surface-to-surface Prithvi-II missile as part of a user trial by the Army from the Chandipur Integrated Test Range, Odisha.
- This Prithvi II Missile has a strike range of 350 km. Earlier Prithvi II was test fired on February 21st this year.
- The primary user of this Prithvi is Indian Air Force (IAF)
- The launch operations were performed by strategic Force Command of Army and scientists of DRDO
- Prithvi missile was the first missile to be developed under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme.
About Prithvi Missile:
- Prithvi is a tactical surface-to-surface short-range ballistic missile developed by DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program.
- It was first test-fired on 27 January 1996 with a range of 250 km.
- It has a maximum warhead mounting capability of 500 kg.
Prithvi Missile Versions:
- Prithvi I (SS-150) – Army version
- Prithvi II (SS-250) – Air Force version
- Prithvi III (SS-350) – Naval version
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
1) Prithvi Missile first test fired in which year? – 1996
2) Defence Minister has signed agreement on manufacturing AK-203 rifles with which country? – Russia
3) What is the Range of Prithvi II Missile? – 350km
4) Army Commanders Conference 2020 was held in which city? -New Delhi
5) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launches 15 products developed by Defence PSUs as part of which programme? – Atmanirbhar Bharat
6) Recently, Defence Ministry banned how many import items in push for Atmanirbhar Bharat? – 101
7) Name the App that is launched by Defence minister for online training of NCC cadets? – DGNCC
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|