India successfully test-fired Brahmos Missile with Indigenous Booster in Odisha Test Range. India successfully test-fired Surface to Surface Brahmos Missile with Indigenous Booster from Integrated Test Range in Odisha. The Missile was developed by The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Federal State Unitary Enterprise NPO Mashinostroyenia (NPOM) of Russia. The missile has a flight range of 300km.
The Missile has Two Stages:
1) A solid propellant booster engine as its first stage which brings the missile to supersonic speed after which it gets separated
2) The liquid ramjet or the second stage- which takes the missile closer to Mach 3 or three times the speed of sound in cruise phase.
- The range of Brahmos missile was increased to 450-600 km after India entered into the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR)
- The Missile has been named after the rivers Brahmaputra and Moskva.
The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency under the Department of Defence Research and Development in Ministry of Defence of the Government of India
- Chairman: Dr. Satheesh Reddy
- Headquarters: New Delhi
1) Recently, which version of Prithvi Missile was tested in Odisha Test Range? – Prithvi II
2) What is the Range of Prithvi II Missile? – 350km
3) Prithvi Missile first test fired in which year? – 1996
4) What is the Range of Brahmos Missile? – 300 Km
5) Brahmos was first test-fired from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in which year? – 2001
6) Who is the Chairman of DRDO? – Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|