India-Norway Joint Commission meeting held – For improving cooperation in MSME and renewable energy. India and Norway held the sixth session of Joint Commission meet. Due to COVID19 the meeting was held virtually through online mode. Indian side was represented by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and the Norwegian side was led by Foreign Minister of Norway Ine Eriksen Soreide.
- Discussions were held on oceans, health, membership at the United Nations Security Council, blue economy, trade and investment.
- Both Nations agreed to engage in regular consultations on the issues of United Nations Security Council.
- The Foreign Ministers also discussed the importance of multilateralism in securing peace and security.
- Norway supports India’s membership in Nuclear Supplier’s Group.
- In 2019, India and Norway signed a Memorandum of Understanding for Blue Economy.
- Also, Norway supports India Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR).
- India and Norway signed Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement in 1986 and revised in 2011.
- Currency: Norwegian krone
- Capital: Oslo
- What is the constituty of S.Jaishankar? – Rajya Sabha (Gujarat)
- Which country topped in Global Press Freedom Index 2020? – Norway
- What is the Rank of India in Global Press Freedom Index 2020? – 142
- Who is the Prime Minister of Norway? – Erna Solberg
- Which country has signed agreement with India to strengthen their Blue Economy Partnership? – Norway
- First Session of India-Norway trade and investment dialogue held in – New Delhi
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|