India – International Food and Agri Week 2020 inaugurated by Agriculture Minister. Union Minister Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated India – International Food and Agri Week 2020. This week is celebrated from 16th to 22nd October 2020. This week is jointly organized by CII and Union Agriculture Ministry.
- The Ministry has started an awareness campaign named ‘Anna Devo Bhava’ to mark this occasion.
- Indian food processing sector is 32% of India’s food market
- India also set target to double the income of farmers by 2022.
- The Objective of this week is to use of technology in the field of food and agriculture sector to increase the income of farmers.
- The Ministry has also started PMFME (PM Formalisation of Micro food Enterprises) scheme with an outlay of Rs 20,000 crores.
- This scheme will support 2 lakh micro food processing units with credit linked subsidy and would focus on supporting the Self Help Groups cottage industry.
About Agriculture Ministry:
- Union Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar
- Minister of State: Parshottam Rupala
- Who launched Centralized Farm Ministry Performance Testing Portal? – Narendra Singh Tomar
- Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated World Class State of the Art Honey Testing Lab at – Anand, Gujarat
- What is the Constituency of Narendra Singh Tomar? – Morena, Madhya Pradesh
- Name the portal which is launched by Narendra Singh Tomar to provide employment to the migrant workers returning to their home towns? – Garib Kalyan Rojgar Web Portal
- World Food day is observed on – October 16
- What is the theme of World Food Day 2020? – Grow, Nourish, Sustain. Together. Our actions are our future
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|