India Cotton acquires its First-Ever Brand Name & Logo; Union Minister Smriti Irani launched. Smriti Irani Union Minister for Textiles launched the first-ever Brand and Logo for Indian Cotton on the occasion of Second World Cotton Day. The function was held virtually through Video Conferencing. From now on, India’s premium cotton would be known as ‘Kasturi Cotton’ in the world cotton trade.
Union Textile Minister Smriti Irani also initiated a webinar jointly organized by the Cotton Corporation of India (CCI), The Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council (TEXPROCIL) and the Confederation of Indian Textile Industry (CITI).
- India is the second largest cotton producer and the largest consumer of cotton in the world.
- Cotton provides livelihood to about six million cotton farmers.
- India produces about six million tonnes of cotton every year which is about 23 per cent of the world cotton.
- The Kasturi Cotton brand will represent Whiteness, Brightness, Softness, Purity, Luster, Uniqueness and Indianness.
- India produces about 51 per cent of the total organic cotton production of the world.
About Ministry of Textiles:
- Union Minister: Smriti Irani
- World Cotton day is celebrated on which date? – October 07
- WTO host first World Cotton Day on Geneva in which year? – 2019
- What is the constituency of Smriti Irani? – Amethi, Uttar Pradesh
- Who addressed India Bangladesh Virtual Conference on Textile and Apparel Sector? – Smriti Irani
- National Handloom Day is observed on which date? –August 07
- Recently, Ministry of Textiles scraped which board to help the government in the formulation of policies pertaining to the sector in the country? – All India Handicrafts Board
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|