India Appointed Vice President of OECD Working Group. India has appointed Vice President of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (International organisation that works to build better policies for better lives) Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Working Group. This appointment is to recognize the contribution of the Indian GLP programme.
- The Organisation has admitted the contribution of the Indian GLP program and appointed Dr. Ekta Kapoor, Scientist E, as the Vice President of the OECD Working Group on GLP for 2021 and 2022.
About Good Laboratory Practice:
- GLP is a quality system of management controls for research laboratories. The GLP has been evolved by OECD to ensure that safety data generated on various chemicals like industrial chemicals, pharmaceuticals (Human and Veterinary), agrochemicals, cosmetic products
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is an intergovernmental economic organisation with 37 member countries, founded in 1961 to stimulate economic progress and world trade.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Founded: 30 September 1961
- According to OECD, In FY20-21 India’s GDP to contract by – 10.2%
- Who is the Secretary General of OECD? – Angel Gurria
- As per OECD Global Forum Study, Which country named as Switzerland’s Top 3 Partners for Info exchange on tax matters along with France & Germany? – India
- How many Member Countries does OECD have?- 37
- Name the Indian American who appointed as US Envoy to OECD? – Manisha Singh
- Headquarters of OECD located at – Paris, France
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|