Important Schemes in January 2019
In this we have given, January Month Important Schemes and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whats app Group Click Here
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched Samwad with Students as part of its outreach programme. The Indian Space agency will engage youngsters across the country in activities concerning space science under this programme.
- India’s fastest Train 18 will soon start its services between Delhi and Varanasi. The train which will run at a speed of 160 kilometre per hour will reduce the journey time between the two cities from the present 11 hours and 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- The Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitley launched the induction of 15 Electric Vehicles in the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance in New Delhi.
- Ministry of Finance adopts E-Mobility Programme.
- Department is expected to save over 36,000 Litres of fuel every year besides leading to reduction of over 440 tonnes of CO2 annually.
- The Khelo India Youth Games 2019 kicked off in Pune with cultural programmes. 1,000 players will be selected out of competitions in the current edition of Khelo India and they will be given Rs 5 lakh each per annum for the next 8 years for development of their sporting talent.
Several projects to improve traffic management system
- The Delhi Police is working on several projects based on cutting-edge technology to improve traffic management system in the city and check errant drivers. The Delhi Police will soon be the first in the country to have an Intelligence Traffic Management System (ITMS).
Sino-Indian Digital Collaboration Plaza
- The Sino-Indian Digital Collaboration Plaza (SIDCOP), an initiative to bring Indian IT companies and Chinese enterprises closer to each other on a single AI enabled platform was launched on 10th January 2019.
National Clean Air Programme (NCAP)
- A time bound national level strategy for pan India implementation to tackle the increasing air pollution problem across the country in a comprehensive manner in the form of National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) was launched by Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan in New Delhi.
Renukaji multipurpose dam project
- An agreement for Renukaji Dam Multipurpose Project was signed in New Delhi among the States of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand in the presence of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- Under the agreement, three storage projects are proposed to be constructed on the river Yamuna and two of its tributaries – Tons and Giri in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
Swadesh Darshan and PRASHAD schemes
- The Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned four new projects for Rs. 190.46 Crores under the tourism infrastructure development schemes, Swadesh Darshan and PRASHAD in the states of Meghalaya, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh recently.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley inaugurated Hunar Haat organised by Minority Affairs Ministry at State Emporium Complex in New Delhi.
Special weather services for Kumbh Mela
- Science and Technology Minister Dr Harshvardhan launched the special weather services for Kumbh Mela at a function in New Delhi. It will provide information about the prevailing weather condition and forecasts to the people visiting Prayagraj during Kumbh Mela.
National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction
- The government has drafted a five-year action plan to address the problem of drug and substance abuse in the country. An official of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment said, the National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction, 2018 to 2023, aims to employ a multi-pronged strategy to address the issue. It involves education, de-addiction and rehabilitation of affected individuals and their families.
- A consortium of banks led by StateBank of India has agreed to provide finance for Nagpur-Mumbai ‘SamruddhiCorridor’ expressway project.
- SBI has agreed to lend the highest amount, 8,500 crorerupees. Other lenders include Punjab National Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank ofMaharashtra as well as the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India.
e-filing project for faster ITR processing
- The Union Cabinet approved expenditure sanction of over 4200 crore rupees for Integrated E-filing and Centralized Processing Centre 2.0 Project.
Eklavya Model Residential Schools
- The government will soon set up over 460 more Eklavya Model Residential Schools across the country.
‘Shehri Samridhi Utsav’
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is organising a fortnight of events named Shehri Samridhi Utsav all over the country focusing on urban livelihoods.
Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Protsahan Yojana
- The Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Protsahan Yojana, PMRPY has crossed the milestone of one crore beneficiaries as on the 14th of this month.
- Minister of State in Department of Space Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated UNNATI programme of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in Bengaluru.
- UNNATI is an acronym for Unispace Nanosatellite Assembly and Training programme launched by ISRO as part of initiative by United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs that is commemorating the 50th anniversary of the first United Nations Conference on the Exploration and Peaceful Uses of Outer Space.
Station redevelopment programme
- Eleven railway stations under Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR), including five in Assam, have been identified for the upgradation to airport-like standards as part of the Railway’s Rs 1 lakh crore station redevelopment programme.
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Awareness Programme
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India organises Insolvency and Bankruptcy Awareness Programme at Vadodara, Gujarat.
DoJ to deliver e-Courts services
- In order to provide efficient and time-bound access to the Courts services to litigant public, the Department of Justice has decided to deliver e-Courts services to them through around 2 lakh Common Service Centres (CSCs).
Special scheme to curb infant deaths
- Maharashtra Child Development Minister Pankaja Munde distributed baby-care kits to the children born in primary health centres and government hospitals.
- The scheme is applicable only for the first child and will benefit around four lakh women across the state.
‘Rag Rag Mein Ganga’ & ‘Meri Ganga’
- Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Road Transport & Highways and Shipping, Shri NitinGadkari and Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Information & Broadcasting and Youth Affairs & Sports, Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore (Retd.) launched travelogue program “Rag Rag Mein Ganga” and quiz show “Meri Ganga” on Doordarshan.
2018 Important Dates and Days – Click Here
2018 Current Affairs Download – Click Here