Important Events of October 28
Bill Gates’s birthday
- William Henry Gates was born on 28 October 1955, in Seattle, Washington
- He is an American business magnate, investor, author, philanthropist, humanitarian, and principal founder of Microsoft Corporation.
- Bill Gates founded Microsoft in 1976 when he formed a contract with MITS (Micro Instrumentation and Telemetry Systems) to develop a basic operating system for their new microcomputers.
- In 1990 Microsoft released its first version of Windows. This was a breakthrough in operating software as it replaced text interfaces with graphical interfaces. It soon became a best seller and was able to capture the majority of the operating system market share.
- Bill Gates is married to Melinda French (married in 1992). They have three children Jennifer (1996), Rory (1999) and Phoebe (2002). With his wife, Bill Gates formed the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Bill Gates says much of the inspiration came from the example of David Rockefeller.
International Animation Day
- October 28, the International Animation Day (IAD) was proclaimed in 2002 by the ASIFA as the main global event to celebrate the art of animation.
- This day commemorates the first public performance of Charles-Émile Reynaud’s Théâtre Optique at the Grevin Museum in Paris, 1892.
- In 1895, the Cinematograph of the Lumière brothers outshone Reynaud’s invention, driving Emile to bankruptcy.
- However, his public performance of animation entered the history of optical entertainments as shortly predating the camera-made movies.
- ASIFA also commissions an artist to create an original art poster announcing the event each year. It is then adapted for each country in order to guarantee a worldwide view of the event.
- Previous editions involved the work of animators such as Iouri Tcherenkov, Paul Driessen, Abi Feijo, Eric Ledune, Noureddin Zarrinkelk, Michel Ocelot, Nina Paley, Raoul Servais, Ihab Shaker and Gianluigi Toccafondo.
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here