Important Events of October 27
- October 27 is celebrated as Infantry Day by the Indian Army as it was on this day that an Infantry Company of the First Battalion of the Sikh Regiment was airlifted from Delhi to Srinagar to liberate Kashmir from the invading tribals who were supported by Pakistan Army.
- On this day in 1947, Indian Army from 1st Battalion of SIKH Regiment had taken bold action to thwart nefarious designs to invade J&K by Pakistani Army supported tribals.
- The infantry of Indian Army was airdropped after troops were airlifted from Delhi and landed at Srinagar to liberate Kashmir from invaders in order to protect sovereignty and territorial integrity of nation.
- The operation was undertaken following orders of then Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru after Maharaja Hari Singh, the ruler of princely state of J&K signed Instrument of Accession on 26 October 1947 to accede or merge state with India.
World Day for Audiovisual Heritage
- The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage takes place every 27 October.
- This commemorative day was chosen by UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) in 2005 to raise of awareness of the significance of and preservation risks recorded sound and audiovisual documents.
- Events are held in many countries, organised by national and regional sound and film archives, broadcasters, museums and libraries, and major audiovisual associations including the Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA),International Council on Archives (ICA), International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives (IASA) and International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF).
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here