Birth Anniversary Of Shakuntala Devi
- Shakuntala Devi was born on 4 November 1929.
- She was an Indian writer and mental calculator, popularly known as the “human computer”.
- Her talent earned her a place in the 1982 edition of The Guinness Book of World Records.
- As a writer, Devi wrote a number of books, including novels as well as texts about mathematics, puzzles, and astrology.
- She wrote the book, The World of Homosexuals, which is considered the first study of homosexuality in India. She treated homosexuality in an understanding light and is considered a pioneer in the field.
- On 4 November 2013, Devi was honoured with a Google Doodle for what would have been her 84th birthday.
Death: 21 April 2013.
- 1798 – Beginning of the Russo-Ottoman siege of Corfu.
- 1847 – Sir James Young Simpson, a Scottish physician, discovers the anaesthetic properties of chloroform.
- 1924 – Nellie Tayloe Ross of Wyoming is elected the first female governor in the United States
- 1980 – Ronald Reagan is elected the 40th President of The United States, defeating incumbent Jimmy Carter.
- 1993 – China Airlines Flight 605, a brand new 747-400, overruns the runway at Kai Tak Airport.
- 2008 – Barack Obama becomes the first person of biracial or African-American descent to be elected President of the United States.
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here