November 22 – Go For A Ride Day
- Go For A Ride Day encourages you to get out into the world – hope on your bike, into your car, or simply get your walking boots out of storage and go on a trip. November 22nd has seen various developments of the transportation industry since as early as 1904, making Go For a Ride Day a celebration of not only cars, but any mode of transportation that strikes your fancy.
M. G. K. Menon Memorial Day
- He was born on August 28, 1928 in India.
- He is an Physicist and policy maker from India.
- He had a prominent role in the development of science and technology in India over four decades.
- One of his most important contributions was nurturing the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai which his mentor Homi Jai Bhabha founded in 1945.
- He under took experiments with cosmic rays to explore the properties of fundamental particles.
- M.G.K. Menon was the chairman of ISRO in 1972.
- He was a member of the Planning Commission in 1982–1989.
- Scientific Adviser to the Prime Minister in 1986–1989 and Vice-President Council of Scientific & Industrial Research(CSIR) in 1989–1990.
- He was elected as a member of parliament(Rajya Sabha) during 1990–96.
- Then V.P. Singh appointed him as the minister of state for science and technology and education in 1989.
- Padma Shri award – 1961
- Padma Bhushan Award – 1968
- Padma Vibhushan Award – 1985
- Royal Society Bello-1970
- The asteroid 7564 Gokumenon was named in his honour in late 2008.
- He died on November 22, 2016.
- 1908 – The Congress of Manastir establishes the Albanian alphabet.
- 1935 – The China Clipper inaugurates the first commercial transpacific air service connecting Alameda,California with Manila.(This event reached Manila with 110,000 posters on November 29).
- 2005 – Angela Merkel becomes the first female Chancellor of Germany.
- 2005 – The X-Box 360 video game engine released.
- 2007 – The Government of Sri Lanka banned the Tamil Rehabilitation Association.
- 1830 – Jalkaribai,Indian freedom fighter
- 1904 – Louis Neel, French physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate.
- 1968 – Rasmus Lerdorf, Greenlandic-Canadian computer scientist and programmer, created PHP.
- 1774 – Robert Clive, English general and politician, Lord Lieutenant of Shropshire.
- 1963 – John F. Kennedy, American lieutenant and politician, 35th President of the United States
- 1967 – Chidambaranathan Chettiar,Tamil scholar and Linguists from Tamilnadu.
To Know All Daily Events – Click Here
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|