World Thalassemia Disease Day
- World Thalassemia Day is celebrated every year on May 8th to commemorate Thalassemia victims and to encourage those who struggle to live with the disease.
- Thalaseemia is a disease that can occur in birth children.
- Thalaseemia is a disease that can occur via inheritance.
- The hemoglobin in the blood for thalassemia is less in size.so this leads to problem of the breathe in oxygen from the lungs to the other area.
- May 8 this day was celebrated to People are aware of this disease.
- Thalassemia has two types – Thalassemia Minor and Thalassemia Major.
- The Thalassemia Minor is not very bad.
- If the child is not well aware of thalassemia major defective children, the baby may die within 3 to 5 years.
- World Thalassemia Day 2019 theme is: Universal access to quality thalassaemia healthcare services: Building bridges with and for patients.’
World Red Cross and Crescent Day
- The World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day is celebrated on May 8th in all countries.
- The Red Cross is an system Created to help victims during the war.
- This date is the anniversary of the birth of Henry Dunant who was born 8 May 1828 is the founder of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the recipient of the first Nobel Peace Prize.
- On the 8th of May 1948 the First Red Cross Day was celebrated.
- Since 1984, Red Cross Day and Red Lunar Day are celebrated on May 8.
- First it was called the Red Cross Day However, since 1984, it has been known as the World Red Cross and Crescent Day.
- World Red Cross and Crescent Day 2019 theme is: Love
- Parents’ Day (South Korea)
- Truman Day (Missouri)
- Veterans Day (Norway)
- Victory in Europe Day, and its related observances (Europe): Time of Remembrance and Reconciliation for Those Who Lost Their Lives during the Second World War, continues to May 9
- White Lotus Day (Theosophy)
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day (International)
To Know All Daily Events – Click Here
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|