World Hunger Day
- World Hunger Day is celebrated on May 28 by the United Nations.
- In the world 71 million children below the age of 5 die annually.
- The Global Hunger Index list says that in the past 20 years 66 percent have increased hunger.
- The hunger challenge is overwhelming in countries across Asia, West Asia and the African continent.
- India is still ranked 63th on the list of 78 countries released by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- China has reduced the hunger rate by 58 percent between 1990 and 2013. China which has 13 points in 1990 has reduced to 5.5 points in 2013.
- In the same period India has decreased from 32.6 points to 21.3.
- National Family Health Study has found that 18 per cent of children in the age group of five and 36 per cent of young people are not getting enough food.
- The size of the food will change the age, gender, body, and function of a man. According to the United Nations report, 2,100 calories per day should be available for one person to be healthy.
N.T.Rama Rao Birth Day
- He was born on May 28, 1923.
Birth Name: Nandamuri Tharaka Rama Rao
- He is a popular Telugu film actor, director and politician.
- He started the Telugu Desam Party.
- He was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh three times.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri in 1968 for his work in Telugu cinema.
- He died on January 18, 1996.
D.M Thiyagarajan Birth Day
- He was born on May 28, 1923 in Thanjavur.
- He was a Carnatic vocalist and musicologist from Tamil Nadu in Southern India.
- retired in 1981 as a teacher and assistant leader in Tamil Nadu State Government College in Chennai .
- Later he served as chairman of the Music Teachers College Chennai Music Academy.
- Kalaimamani Award issued by Tamil Country, Music, Drama Forum.
- Music Award in 1981 by Music Academy, Chennai.
- The Social Drama Academy Award in 1982 offered by Theater Drama Academy.
- Sangeetha Kala Expert in 1988 by Mysore Fine Arts
- Sangeetha Sutamani Award in 1974 by Sri Krishna Khan Saba Chennai.
- He died on June 27, 2007.
Menstrual health day
- The menstrual health day is observed annually on the 28th of May every year.
- The purpose of this day is to disrupt the reluctance to speak openly about menstruation and to create awareness about the importance of maintaining the menstrual health of women and teenagers around the world.
In 2014 the non-governmental organization of the United Nations, Venture United, launched WASH United and received support from more than 270 worldwide similar organizations
To Know All Daily Events – Click Here
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|