International Family Day
- The International Day of Families is observed on the 15th of May every year. The Day was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in 1993 with resolution A/RES/47/237 and reflects the importance the international community attaches to families. The International Day provides an opportunity to promote awareness of issues relating to families and to increase knowledge of the social, economic and demographic processes affecting families.
Pierre Curie Birth Day
- He was born on 15 May 1859.
- French physicist.
- One of the pioneers of pressure power, magnetism, crystalline and radiation detection.
- The unit curium used to measure radiation.
- In 1903, Henry Beckler and Mary Curry shared the Nobel Prize for Physics.
- In 1903, she was awarded the Jumpy Award for Radium.
- He created a ‘Torsion Balance’ to find magnetic properties.
- The term ‘Curriculum’ is today the norm that he has discovered about the transition from heat to particle magnetic material.
- He created the crystal electrodes.
- Aluminum rays, beet rays, and coma rays were discovered by using the magnetic fields.
- He died on 19 April 1906.