Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed BirthDay
- He was born on 13 May 1905.
- He was the Fifth President of India from 1974 to 1977 and also the 2nd President of India to die in office.He became the second Muslim to be elected President of India
- He was called to the Bar from the Inner Temple of London and began legal practice in the Lahore High Court in 1928.
- He met Jawaharlal Nehru in England in 1925. He joined the Indian National Congress and actively participated in the Indian freedom movement.
- In 1942 he was arrested in the Quit India movement and sentenced to 3 1/2 years imprisonment.
- He was a member of the Assam Pradesh Congress Committee from 1936 and of AICC from 1947 to 74 and remained the Minister of Finance, Revenue and labour in the 1938 Gopinath Bordoloi Ministry.
- After Independence he was elected to the Rajya Sabha (1952–1953) and thereafter became Advocate-General of the Government of Assam.
- He was elected on Congress ticket to the Assam Legislative Assembly on two terms (1957–1962) and (1962–1967) from Jania constituency.
- He was elected to the Lok Sabha from the Barpeta constituency Assam in 1967 and again in 1971.
- In the Central Cabinet he was given important portfolios relating to Food and Agriculture, Cooperation, Education, Industrial Development and Company Laws.
- He was elected President of the Assam Football Association and the Assam Cricket Association for several terms.He was also the Vice-President of the Assam Sports Council.
- In April 1967, he was elected President of the All India Cricket Association.
- He was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Pristina, in Kosovo, in 1975, during his visit to Yugoslavia.
- He died on 11 February 1977.
Dhara Bharathi Memorial Day
- He was born on 26 February 1947.
Birth Name: Radhakrishnan
Birth Place: kuvalai – Tiruvannamalai District
Parents: Duraisamy-Pushpam Amma.
- He is a teacher and poet from Tamilnadu.
- He worked as 34 years in teacher.
- He was awarded the Tamilnadu Nallaciriyar award for the teacher service.
- He is called by the special name of Kavinayiru.
- His book was Nationalization by Tamilnadu Government in 2010-2011.
- Puthiya Vidiyalgal
- Idhu Engal Kilakku
- Thinaiyai Idiththu Theruvakku
- Boomiyai Thirakkum Ponchavi
- Innoru Sigaram
- Kavinayiru Dhara Bharathi Kavithaigal
- Veral Nuni Velichangal
- He died on 13 May 2000.
- Vesak Day also known as Buddha Purnima and Buddha Day.
- Vesak Day is the full moon day of May month.
- It is a holiday traditionally observed by Buddhists and some Hindus.The festival is celebrated by all the Buddhists in the world.
- On the same day Buddha was born in BC623.
- Therefore followers of Buddhism around the world view this as a sacred day.
- In 1999, the United Nations resolved to internationally observe the day of Vesak at its headquarters and offices.
To Know All Daily Events – Click Here
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|