Important Events of March – 26
Independence Day of Bangladesh
- The Independence Day of Bangladesh is celebrated on March 26 each year and it is a national holiday.
- It commemorates the country’s declaration of independence from Pakistan.
- After the Pakistani general election in 1970, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was declared as head of the largest political party in Pakistan.
- During the early hours of 26 March 1971 the independence of Bangladesh was declared by Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the guerilla struggle officially began.
- Independence Day is commonly associated with parades, political speeches, fairs, concerts, and ceremonies to celebrate the history and traditions of Bangladesh.
- The main streets are decorated with national flags.
- Television and radio stations broadcast special programs and patriotic songs.
- The Independence Day Award is the highest state award given by the Government of Bangladesh.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|